1968 Polara - Front Parking Brake Cable

Kooka

Reaction score
I have a wagon and am looking for either a new cable or a good used cable (no fraying). The cable I need goes from the pedal to the center pull. I assume the wagon and the sedan cable are the same but do not know for sure. Dorman offers a part but there is no stock. Anyone have a solution for me? Stay safe!!

The wagon has a 122" wheel base so I looked up a cable for a 68 Fury.
Raybestos 92298 is 91.8 inches long and available from Rock Auto
Hope this helps

The wagon has a 122" wheel base so I looked up a cable for a 68 Fury.
Raybestos 92298 is 91.8 inches long and available from Rock Auto
Hope this helps

Awesome....I will try this. Thank you.

Careful, I found that the cables between the Fury and Polara's are different in '68.
If I recall correctly though all wagons(Dodge , Chrysler. Plymouth were the same as the Polara) I have an NOS which I believe is for a Fury as it is too short form my Polara.
I have a thread here somewhere about the lengths and differences.
Also should be able to compare numbers in the parts book. Some of it may be due to the location and style of the release mechanism. And if I recall correctly the Fury is just a little shorter than the Polara and Chrysler.

upload_2020-3-30_11-59-32.png

High lighted is the original number you need. Fits all station wagons and all Dodge ( Polara, Monaco).
Chrysler and Imperial except Station wagons are the same. Plymouth except wagons is also different. Overall cable length is within a 1/2 inch ( from my two samples above), but the sheath and retaining spots are different between the models.

Careful, I found that the cables between the Fury and Polara's are different in '68.
If I recall correctly though all wagons(Dodge , Chrysler. Plymouth were the same as the Polara) I have an NOS which I believe is for a Fury as it is too short form my Polara.
I have a thread here somewhere about the lengths and differences.
Also should be able to compare numbers in the parts book. Some of it may be due to the location and style of the release mechanism. And if I recall correctly the Fury is just a little shorter than the Polara and Chrysler.
All wagons have 122" wheel base.
Dodge and Chrysler except wagons were 124.
Fury is 119"
So yeah you are right.
Raybestos does not list thewagon for front cable,unfortunatley.

@Kooka Let me check my stash. I may have ordered an aftermarket cable, that I never installed. I liked the look of the NOS.

There again Ma Mopar is messing with us. The wagons have the same wheel base as the Dodge Polara and Monaco sedans and HT.
so corrections to your post above.
All C-body wagons and Polara and Monaco cars have a 122” wheel base.
62D72103-A54F-439A-8554-87A25F816376.jpeg

Last edited:
@Kooka Let me check my stash. I may have ordered an aftermarket cable, that I never installed. I liked the look of the NOS.

Sorry, I don't have the long primary cable. I had the short LH rear secondary cable in my stash (2448769) It is a reproduction.

Kooka ( & all others ) ,
I have a gorgeous N.O.S. ++ Station Wagon ++ ONLY Forward Emergency Brake Cable....
The Chineseum world of dorman, raybestos, and all others do not, have never, and will never have a cheapy Chinese version of this cable, EVER.....
You are welcome to call me --- Craig ---
516 - 485 - 1935 ..... Long Island, New York...

Back