For Sale 1969 300 on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost looks like it had an engine fire.

image.jpeg

I e-mailed seller, trying to get more specifics. Waiting to hear back......

Seems outwardly so clean yet the engine compartment is an absolute mess. I wonder what it looks like underneath?

I agree with Critter, as looking down the side of the car it appears wavy, like cheap body work and repaint was done. I would want to see it in person more if I even would want to consider the car anyway. I wouldn't ever like a car that poorly done though and the light yellow just doesn't strike me well on those convertibles. What is surprising though, is that whoever painted it was good enough to put the 3 pinstripes back on the car afterwards - something rarely done with a repaint. And why does virtually ever seller of these cars lately seem to think they have an HP 440 under the hood when it clearly isn't! :stop:

Last edited:
Which is why I said what I said. If the bay is that messy and the body as clean as this one appears something is suspect...

It looks to me to be original paint. The stripes, (as mentioned), and the dealer emblem on the trunk which is rarely retained during a repaint, indicate that to me.
Sounds like a flipper or dealer has it. Someone needs to inspect this one.

Ok, After 2 attempts to contact the seller, trying to get an inspection of the car, I have come up empty handed. No reply, as of yet. So, All I can say is, buyer beware....
Also, did anyone notice the discoloration on the interior passenger side, down at the foot well, and forward portion of the bottom of the passenger door?

I can't explain the door, but my green 70 300 had the same issues on the kickpanel, the surface dried out and the top layer came off in dust. Looked exactly like that. Slabside kickpanels seemed to fare better.

The sides on a 69-71 Chrysler, esp a 300 with no side moldings, is an awfully tough thing to have perfectly straight. The waves I see don't necessarily mean poor bodywork, even a 8 or 9-outta-10 might look like that. As for the engine bay, I see radiator cap boilover, normal paint loss on the tanks, and everything else looks normal to me for an unrestored engine bay.

I could be wrong, but that has the look of a survivor car that maybe had a repaint, maybe not. Here's what mine looked like.

DSC00695.JPG

engine 1.JPG

C'mon Sir!
There is ONE yellow convertible you must like! ;)

You gotta be kidding. Even if it were B7 blue, the wheels and low rider stance alone do it in for me, not to mention the flowmasters! You Germans..........:BangHead:

Ok, After 2 attempts to contact the seller, trying to get an inspection of the car, I have come up empty handed. No reply, as of yet. So, All I can say is, buyer beware....
Also, did anyone notice the discoloration on the interior passenger side, down at the foot well, and forward portion of the bottom of the passenger door?
hey there, i "finally" got a response back, just saw it online, looks like the car sold shy of 10K, so i guess i'm curious if you guys think that price was a little on the high side given the added info I have. Or, maybe prices have risen "some" ? thanks.

It have been repainted in the original color, don"t know if it any rust repair was done at that time at time

It will need some repair between the rear wheels and rear bumper at some point, looks to me like there might some rust underneath the paint

I also include some pictures of the undercarriage

x300-2-1.JPG
x300-3.JPG
x300-4.JPG
x300-9.JPG
x300-10.JPG

There's a rusthole in teh frame, too, probably more of them if you look around.

I don't know if that's good price or not. I wouldn't want those issues with my new convertible, and I would still want to pay only $10k. But maybe I'm not realistic with what's out there and what it's worth...
upload_2017-2-19_12-4-55.png

I would say someone got screwed at that price. Nice that he replied after the auction ended it appears from your note.

No 1969 left the factory with that much waviness down the sides as that car by the way.

I would say someone got screwed at that price. Nice that he replied after the auction ended it appears from your note.

No 1969 left the factory with that much waviness down the sides as that car by the way.

I'll say. If he had posted those quarter panel shots, the shot of the rear bumper not lining up with the quarter panel, and under the cars he would never have gotten that. Looks intentional keeping those pictures out of the listing. Hope the buyer asked for them otherwise someone is in for a surprise. Caveat emptor

hey there, i "finally" got a response back, just saw it online, looks like the car sold shy of 10K, so i guess i'm curious if you guys think that price was a little on the high side given the added info I have. Or, maybe prices have risen "some" ? thanks.

nice work sauterd.

wow .. these photos tell a bit different story. for the buyer's sake, hope he/she got those. MAY be a few "undisclosed" issues?

Or the opposite could be the case Buyer and Seller are copasetic with this deal regardless of these pics? IF so, good for them. Another one finds a new home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back