1969 California Highway Patrol Dodge Polara

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hello,

I figured it was about time I found a forum to aid in the restoration of my 1969 CHP Dodge Polara.
This is my second restoration my first was my 1967 Barracuda that was originaly my Grandparents.
I also have another 1969 Dodge Polara 4-door sedan that was originaly purchased to do a clone but along the way I found the real deal. Rounding it all out is my shop truck a 1970 D-200.

OK first of all welcome aboard and you really have my interest. 2ndly you need to know that without pics the natives here get a bit restless. Finally a C Body AND a Swepty guy it doesn't get any better that that and you will fit right in. Where are you at with your project and whats next...

Welcome to the group .........click on his website Fred and you can see a few shots

http://www.mrmopar.com/

MRMOPARc.png

WELCOME!!! I eat this stuff up. Can't get enough of it.
Love the detail!

f3u8i9.jpg

Ok just spent the last 30mins going through that link checking out that CHP car, oh man, now i want to do one just like that, hmm i have three projects already.

Alan you`ve got way more patience than I have working on those brakes for the truck. Suppose if you are doing serious hauling the discs are worth the effort. It`s always nice to watch someone work that really knows what they are doing.

Alan you`ve got way more patience than I have working on those brakes for the truck. Suppose if you are doing serious hauling the discs are worth the effort. It`s always nice to watch someone work that really knows what they are doing.

That project has tested my patience, as for hauling not really other than towing a car trailer with 4400 pounds on it. Don't let my projects fool you I fake knowing what I'm doing real well. I have a few people that I leverage off of for help my body guy ain't cheap!

Alan

OK first of all welcome aboard and you really have my interest. 2ndly you need to know that without pics the natives here get a bit restless. Finally a C Body AND a Swepty guy it doesn't get any better that that and you will fit right in. Where are you at with your project and whats next...

2013-07-13_001.jpg

Here is the most recent picture showing the car, we still need to polish the fenders, hood and trunk lid. Everything for this car is as it was taken off, nothing has been cleaned up and will be done as it is needed. Next up I’ll be getting the engine block and heads to the machine shop and the transmission off to be rebuilt. While that is being done I’ll be under the car detailing it as it still looks like it was just pulled from the field literally grass and dirt (I have done about a third of it already).

Alan

Alan,
Looks great, where did the car reside when you purchased it? My '70 Fury III Pursuit came from Washington state. I was looking at some of the photos of your car and it had some unusal rust areas. Your ambition and determination are to be commended.

I found the link. That sure is impressive. There is some interesting legends to those factory cop car 440's. Apparently they were monsters.

Alan,
Looks great, where did the car reside when you purchased it? My '70 Fury III Pursuit came from Washington state. I was looking at some of the photos of your car and it had some unusal rust areas. Your ambition and determination are to be commended.
The car was located in Tulare California and has never left the state. I have seen four of these 1969 CHP Poloras that all had the same rust problems. Not sure why, it might be do to sitting in a field for 30 years. We all know the rubber floors causes rust and if it wasn't for the rear window rusting through I don't think most of the other problems would have happened.

To me the oddest place I saw rust was the top of the tailpipe where it goes over the axle and likewise the top of the rear wheel wells.

If this car didn't have the pedigree that it does I would have sent it to the crusher.

Alan

Hi Alan,

welcome to the board from germany. We have meet before in Van Nuys and e-mailed.
My 69 CHP Polara drove to a cruise in last friday for the first time. It had been of the road since 1985

Carsten

Hi Alan,

welcome to the board from germany. We have meet before in Van Nuys and e-mailed.
My 69 CHP Polara drove to a cruise in last friday for the first time. It had been of the road since 1985

Carsten

Yes I remember (twice), I saw that you were on here as well and have seen some pictures of your car here somewhere

Alan

Back