Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1969 Chrysler 300 convertible

upload_2017-4-14_14-16-15.png

Such as?
I can't see any major flaws other than the drumbrake booster used on the discs.
Minor flaws of cheapo mirrors and paint on the doorjamb harness.
And I like the upgrades he mentions, TTI ain't cheap.
Although I would ditch those wheels at some point.

I see a nice car that the owner cared about and had some pride in. I'd say 15k is a decent place to start. The price on this one kind of reflects what the seller thinks of it in my opinion. I like the wheels, they could stay.

I agree with Commando1. 15 K is top money for one of our cars, so it should be top shelf in terms of condition in my opinion. Some things I see in addition to the already mentioned overspray and horrible mirrors and wrong wheels:

Chevy firewall treatment in rattlecan black.
Plastic wire loom cover on engine compartment wiring
Non functioning compressor
No water shields on inner fenders
Aftermarket rad cap (pet peeve)
Bad pinstriping
Rip in drivers seat

I agree with Commando1. 15 K is top money for one of our cars, so it should be top shelf in terms of condition in my opinion. Some things I see in addition to the already mentioned overspray and horrible mirrors and wrong wheels:

Chevy firewall treatment in rattlecan black.
Plastic wire loom cover on engine compartment wiring
Non functioning compressor
No water shields on inner fenders
Aftermarket rad cap (pet peeve)
Bad pinstriping
Rip in drivers seat
You saved me a lot of typing.

I agree...this one needs some work to get that kind of $$$.

I don't think the asking price, is too bad. I'm looking at it as a Texas car (assume low rust), with some good options (A/C, pwr windows, TNT). It's had some of the PITA mechanical stuff done and the body looks straight. I kinda like the wheels myself.

There's a few things, but you can get in this car and drive it away.... Toss $13-14K on the hood, find some correct mirrors, fix the A/C and buy a top boot. You'd be having fun with the top down for under $15k.

If only it had power vent windows and a white interior :BangHead:

then just maybe ..... I'm out ...........:drama:

00x0x_dG0NAkEbNH7_600x450.jpg

I think it's a fair price if the body is solid. If all the issues were corrected and the car brought up a notch it's value would increase to the low 20K area.
I prefer the white top/interior, but I'm a little bias. The wheels have to go. A nice set of OEM road wheels would do the trick.

It is a driver with a bunch of wrong parts.
But not being a showpoodle makes it possible to use it as a summer daily in example.
That way it makes more fun while getting used compared to rarly driven top condition cars.

BTW: I think 15k$ pricerange fits on a car like that. Great examples in good colours could easily fetch 25k+

Carsten

Last edited:
It is a driver with a bunch of wrong parts.
But not being a showpoodle makes it possible to use it as a summer daily in example.
That was it makes way more fun while getting used compared to rarly driven top condition cars.

BTW: I think 15k$ pricerange fits on a car like that. Great examples in good colours could easily fetch 25k+

Carsten

I have seen what you have said happen a couple times now over in Germany. And one of them at least, was worse than this one.

To be near the low 20's this car should be near a grade 1- condition at a minimum. This is a grade 3+ car at most.

I am pretty sure it was the white one. So many get sold over there by the person I know, that I lose track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back