1969 Chrysler 300 heater box gaskets

david hill

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
While repairing the fiberglass pivots in my heater box I noticed that the replacement gasket from the heater box to the firewall was not the same as the original. As you see in the photos there is quite a difference on the driver side portion of the gasket. Is this an missed shipped item. If so, what is the correct part # or simply a mistake on the part of Detroit Muscle Technologies. These heater boxes are easy to crack hence my requirement for correct parts. If you have had this problem please respond. Thank you.

20190603_214721.jpg

20190603_214556.jpg

David,
It took me a minute and a referral to my pics to see what you were talking about. As you might recall, I just did this in February with a DMT kit purchased last September,
Mopar C Body 69-73 AC Heater Box Rebuild Restoration Seal Gasket Kit--CXX6973HB10

I think you should call DMT, speak to Jim Fillmore and ask about your "skinny gasket" issue. He's great to work with, spoke to him several times about this kit, the Shoddy Pad kit, and the Splash kit (which is excellent).

AS REMOVED FROM CAR, INCLUDING MOUSE POOP AND NESTS
IMG_1057.JPG

REFURBISHED WITH NEW KIT FROM DMT, much wider gasket on driver and passenger sides.
LKSW2457.JPG

David,

I just remembered.....Jim Fillmore is a member of C-Bod, and I'm sure A, B, and E-bod forums. When you reach him you can refer to this post for visuals.

Back