1969 chrysler body panel interchange

FinFury

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am new to the site but I have been reading the forum as a guest for some years already. I have small collection of mopars in my carage and lately I have been more interested in the c-bodies. I already have a -72 four door fury as a summer time grocery getter / cruiser but I have been looking for two door big block three hundred for some years already. I am currently trying to make a deal for one that has some body panel problems and would like to know if the panels interchange with same year newport and/or new yorker.

The car in question has had quite big collision into the drivers side quarter panel while it has been moved from the previous owner to the current owner. The quarter has also rusted through behind the rear wheel as usual. Also some of the inner frame of the trunk lid has rusted through. Luckily the rest of the car is in quite ok condition in terms of rust problems.

So my question is, does 1969 New Yorker or Newport trunk lid and maybe quarter panel fit into 1969 three hundred? If so then the availability is much higher as the three hundreds seem to be quite rare these days.

Thanks,

ps. I already tried to decipher the -69 parts manual and if I understood right, atleast the trunk lid might be the same?

Sheet metal should be the same, but there will be variances in the trim holes, etc.

Ok great! It seemed so when I tried to compare pictures of the different models. The trim hole differences are minor annoyance when compared to beaten and rusted through panels.

If anyone has spare decent cond trunk lid and possible a drivers side quarter panel removed from the spot welds, please offer. If I can close the deal with the seller, the 300 would be leaving towards Finland in maybe month or so and the parts could be packed into same container.

Back