Not open for further replies.

tunaboat75

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Seller does not list price in ad. I question his definition of a "good body"

La Crosse, WI Craigslist
1969 Chrysler Imperial

"Body and frame are in good shape, but interior is rough.
Ran 20 years ago, but hasn't been started or moved since"

00y0y_f1Pqz4R7Ne8_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_788czUly8yB_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_iSTTYTRpJZc_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_1opz3Yo5NyR_1200x900.jpg

contact name:

Travis

• call call or text text:
    ☎ (608) 863-6011

1969 chrysler imperial

fuel: gas
title status: missing
transmission: automatic

I hope he gets $200 for it, should be enough for him to get prescription glasses.

How /why do you park a car next to where the horses go only to not start it again?

Lack of respect for what probably was a decent car 20 years ago.

Why is the fact that it started 20 yrs ago relevant? 20 yrs in the right situation and that block is a solid chunk of rust.

That sucks. Sad to see a car like that.

Lack of respect for what probably was a decent car 20 years ago.
What is it with people?, if they don't have access to storage, why not sell the car?, instead they let cars sit and rot out in the open (judging by the half-sunk tires, it's been there for a while). So many of us would love to have and cherish a car like that and these bloody clowns simply don't give a ****...:mad::elmer:

My grandmother was like this. My grandfather was a pedal steel player and had a double neck Sho Bud rig.. gorgeous guitar. She refused to give it to my father and instead opted to leave it in the basement. When she passed it was my charge to clean her house which by then was floor to ceiling save for a passage from the bed to the bathroom to the living room. The entire wooden portion of the guitar was dust and termites. The steel portions were virtually unrecognizable ... so sad.

What is it with people?, if they don't have access to storage, why not sell the car?
There is often not a simple answer to that.
Dreams and reality/life don't always align.

And... seller may not be the person who left it sit.

Why is the fact that it started 20 yrs ago relevant?
Actually, for a CL ad, that answers the question he'll get on 'does it run'. A savvy person then know to expect the worst that the engine might be seized.

I bought an Imperial once and after a while I realized that it was going to be a very long time before I would've been able to restore it, so I sold it because I didn't want to stubbornly hold on to it while it rusted away, even though it was in a shed (the rot had already set in and spreading). The seller may not be to blame, but the clown who let it get that bad surely is.

Actually, for a CL ad, that answers the question he'll get on 'does it run'. A savvy person then know to expect the worst that the engine might be seized.
Sure but why not just say; it doesn't run.?

Agree. Out in the boondocks; where it looks like this car is located, it's more hassle to take it for scrap than just let it sit. The guy might not even like cars.

There is really no point in getting upset about it. I've got a car that looks nearly identical in my yard* (color, not condition) I bought it 5 years ago because it was either me or the demo derby. I posted it on here a few months back for $2500 and didn't see any interest (and I'm not angry about that). I'm also not going to pay $150+ a month for indoor storage. So I'll try again soon on CL... or I'll use it for parts.

Either way, I kicked the can another 5 years down the road and in that window, somebody might come along and save it.

*mine has the greenhouse covered to prevent leaks and allow the sides to dry. It's also on a bed of crushed stone that drains well.

it was parked 20 years ago. 1997.
A 28 year old car.
What was it worth in 1997?
Nearly nothing.
Maybe a B&E-Body guy would have taken the 440.
Or it might have gone to the demo derby.

I am sure the car wasn "liked" back then it was just an old car not a hobby vehicle

Carsten

Agree. Out in the boondocks; where it looks like this car is located, it's more hassle to take it for scrap than just let it sit. The guy might not even like cars.

There is really no point in getting upset about it. I've got a car that looks nearly identical in my yard* (color, not condition) I bought it 5 years ago because it was either me or the demo derby. I posted it on here a few months back for $2500 and didn't see any interest (and I'm not angry about that). I'm also not going to pay $150+ a month for indoor storage. So I'll try again soon on CL... or I'll use it for parts.

Either way, I kicked the can another 5 years down the road and in that window, somebody might come along and save it.

*mine has the greenhouse covered to prevent leaks and allow the sides to dry. It's also on a bed of crushed stone that drains well.

Holy cow, yours is light years ahead of this one.
For Sale - 1969 Imperial 4drhtp, gold/black/black $2500

(sigh)...If only I had an extra $2500 laying around at the moment. LOVE that car! A little TLC and new top and looks like you'd have a nice summer driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back