NOT MINE 1969 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron Coupe - $5,850 - Union City, Michigan

In all honesty, if it were black I would have most likely already purchased it. Lowballed of course. Driving out there is just a day away so not that big a deal.
I don't care for the white interior in that shape. If it's perfect I can keep it clean, but fixing the yellowing is tough. It basically needs a full reupholstering job.

Alright, somebody back me up here. I know your all examining these pictures.
What do yal think about the car? I know so little about imps that I am sure I'm missing all kinds of observations.

I don't know. Ron thinks it's a maroon color instead of a brown color.
Since no fender tag picture I can only imagine it was black and is now faded.

I also explained how important that tag is for a restoration. No luck.

If it were Plum and solid I don't care about the interior. I'm not buying anyway though there are cars I'd be weak for if they appeared like this one.

If the hubcaps were color coordinated in 69... we are looking at a maroon “plum” colored car!
Im pretty sure the typical rust area in the window plug corner is visible in one of the original two pictures supplied! I would redo that interior by dying the useable parts black and have the upholstery and headliner redone in black!

I'm not sure it's worth the 6K.
And I'm not sure it's worth the 5K if he drops to that.
The interior is rough. All yellowed, typical for white leather anyway.
Headliner appears to have some molding around the rear window.
Window plug's upholstery is falling off.
Not sure what's going on with the package tray.
Door panels are not the greatest but look savable.
Seats are torn up pretty bad it appears.
There are wires hanging down on the brake pedal. Wonder what that is about.
Alright, somebody back me up here. I know your all examining these pictures.
What do yal think about the car? I know so little about imps that I am sure I'm missing all kinds of observations.

yeah, there is a bit of the bloom off the rose ..

there's four figures of work on the interior/ front seat(s) [if the carpet is not cleanable (without critter piss etc.] , if that's leather?). assuming rust is negligible (but under-roof rust is a problem), original paint can be saved, and only "minor" mechanicals (e.g., engine not seized, no heat/thaw cycling damage, etc) consistent with a car sitting indoors over 30 years, $5K isnt out of the question (of course, less $$ is better, but doubt it can be "stolen")

bummer on the option plate but i too would bet there's a broadcast sheet in the seat springs somewhere

again, seriously, this one is not for me but hopefully someone can bring it back

OH, I forgot to add that the roof is actually painted white. He thinks the Florida sun must have cooked the vinyl off before he purchased the car.

So, maroon. Not plum, fc7.
I'm not familiar with the maroon color. What is it's code?

E7 - dark briar metallic
fk5 -deep burnt orange metallic
gk6-autumn bronze metallic
EM9- deep plum
gm8- sparkling burgandy metallic
T7- saddle bronze

Which one of these colors does it fit?
I've never seen EM9 or E7 or GM8.

1969 Chrysler Imperial - $7500

something like this sedan from a coming on decade ago here?

M.png
I.png
H.png

That does look like the right color.
Would that be the EM9 Deep Plum then?

That color is sharp!
E7 by what I see on your enlarged picture.
No other two character paint code for 69 would make sense. Has to be dark briar metallic.

Very strange seller: why is car lowered about 1,000$ if it was claimed sold already???

And why does the seller not respond to interested parties like me who had offered the full original asking price (5,850$) ???

I’ll pass on this one, good luck everybody else!

5045FD11-42F5-4B0A-9158-B2FC1BD826CB.jpeg
E3533E32-1FA6-4324-B97C-C5FB4C05823C.jpeg

So, he is 88 years old. He has apparently tons of phone calls and text's coming through due to the mention of the barn full of cars. He also has had a lot of interest in the car so far. He had the one day for people to go look at it and apparently those who expressed serious interest. Once they looked they backed out at his price. Meaning, as I told him before the show and tell, that the market will determine the price for the car. I told him it wasn't worth what he was asking and was worth about a thousand less. I also explained that I would have purchased the car site unseen had he dropped to that price back before the show and tell. Since there has been a show and tell and it was not purchased I am afraid of the car. Why would any serious C body guy go take a look and turn it down at 6K? Must be other items wrong with the car that we can not see from a distance.
I will say the old fella was very nice and honest. I don't think he is trying to pull a fast one on anyone. He has this property and several others as I understand it. Being 88 he realizes he needs to downsize.
He sold the barn and property back to the family who he purchased the property from back some 50 years ago. So all the vehicles he has must go. So this measly little Imperial is not very important to him compared to some of the other awesome cars he has. Brand X by the way.

Since you are now out of the running for this car, maybe you, @TobiasM can tell me your opinion on the few pictures of the car you have seen?

OH, my long explaination of Ron isn't sticking up for the guy, just trying to shed a little light on the questions you mentioned. I'm not making anything on the sell so it doesn't matter to me. Just trying to help with info if I can.

Back