Seems like a nice car for the cash ? $7k canadian

1969 Chrysler New Yorker | Classic Cars | Winnipeg | Kijiji

$_59.JPG

$_5.JPG

$_.JPG

_59.JPG

I’d drive that!

Description
The ultimate social distance car, 6 feet apart people! Very nice safetied driver. Starts runs drives and stops very well. 25 year old paint is still very nice with no rust showing. Interior is beautiful photos make it look washed out but upholstery is beautiful for a 51 year old car. Original 440 runs strong tons of torque. I believe it has 2:76 or 2:93’s, as it seems to be pretty low revs on the highway and really flies after 80 kmh. I put new tires, double roller timing chain and all new hoses and belts on last year and This year a new battery. You can Get in and drive this battleship home

79700 miles. Power windows steering and brakes.

7000 obo

Nice car. Beautiful EB7 blue / V1X black top / blue fabric seat color combo. No A/C so fewer issues to deal with. Given the car has been gone through and seems to have zero rust, the price (less than $5k US) sounds very fair. @frankthetank81 -- you may want to have a look.

Here are a few more pics for records.

$_5910.jpg

$_593.jpg

$_592.jpg

$_599.jpg

$_596.jpg

$_597.jpg

The car is mine, I was planning on posting on fcbo last night but yard work took longer then I had expected.
It really truly is a nice driver and if I were to keep it my next step would be a petronix ll and dump the points.
I am selling the car as I am going to build a new garage so I can finally bring my imperial and other new Yorker home and being a 40x30 I can really only park 2 of these cars and my Kubota in it without it being packed.
If any one has any questions regarding the car you can contact me direct through the ad. I am happy to provide additional photos or details.
Seeing as borders are locked down I figured it would only really have local interest at this point.

The car is mine (...) I am selling the car as I am going to build a new garage (..)
Seeing as borders are locked down I figured it would only really have local interest at this point.

The border should reopen at some point in the next few weeks, so if someone here is interested then they should make a deal with you now and have it picked up / imported at that later time. I am not in the market for a 4-dr Newport (I bought a 4-dr NYer two months ago) -- but, if I were, then this 4dr hardtop would be a no-brainer: it is simply beautiful, and cars are only original and rust-free once.

@lbone -- can you share some info here re: the car's history? Perhaps its fender tag, too?

Last edited:
The car is mine, I was planning on posting on fcbo last night but yard work took longer then I had expected.
It really truly is a nice driver and if I were to keep it my next step would be a petronix ll and dump the points.
I am selling the car as I am going to build a new garage so I can finally bring my imperial and other new Yorker home and being a 40x30 I can really only park 2 of these cars and my Kubota in it without it being packed.
If any one has any questions regarding the car you can contact me direct through the ad. I am happy to provide additional photos or details.
That car would be worth waiting for as far as crossing the border imo..

That's a big maybe. Manitoba was barely even hit with the covie which makes me think that the next wave will put Pallister in to longer lock down. I am willing to work with any out of town/ province / country buyers but 2 months is a long way away and I will not be able to store it indoors during that time.

Damn, I could spend a ridiculous amount of money on this site if I had it.

I responded to your Kijiji add last night. I'm trying to decide on a '74 Imperial coupe I know of that needs a little TLC and another Formal. But this '69 looks promising!

The border is only closed to non essential traffic. Commercial traffic crosses as usual.

Anyone from the US wanting to purchase the car just needs a commercial carrier to ship it across the border, either to your door or if a road trip had been the plan, Pembina ND, which is the border town.

It's only 85 miles to the border so the shipping cost is squat if you picked up the car in Pembina. Have a Customs broker set up the paperwork and Dr Hook or some other towing company in Winnipeg could run it down on a rollback to the truck stop.

I'm thinking $CND400 +/- gets it all done and you don't have to personally deal with Customs in either direction. Well worth the price to avoid the hassle.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back