Not open for further replies.

hergfest

Reaction score
Contact seller
00C0C_fbzr1n51Jve_600x450.jpg
00t0t_bAxvHbRSuaP_600x450.jpg
00k0k_bBud1M7ya7k_600x450.jpg
00i0i_7hQgroAgeEc_600x450.jpg
This is a 1969 Chrysler New Yorker. Has mostly original paint but there have been a few spots touched up. It has the original vinyl top and real leather interior that is very nice with only one small rip in the driver's seat (that has a cover on it now). Want to tow with your classic? The previous owner towed a travel trailer with this so it has a huge hitch on it and a 7 pin connector. Nothing cooler than a classic towing another classic.

Ever wanted the most loaded car out of the dealership? Well here you go. This was a dealer demo car according to the broadcast sheet and had almost every option. Power windows, power disc brakes, power steering, AM/8 track radio (That works!), cruise, power seat, reclining passenger seat, headrest on the passenger side only, vacuum trunk release, power door locks and AC. The AC does not currently function because the previous owner set the car up as a tow rig so they took the AC condenser out to put in a tranny cooler. All of the AC stuff is there, just needs a condenser and service.

Here is a video of the car running: http://youtu.be/fOilxiLgNUw

This car is a great cruiser and road trip car. Just look at all of the leg room in back. The holley carb has just been rebuild and it runs great. A lot of time and work has been put into this New Yorker including fixing many of the various accessories on the car. It has new tires and a rebuilt Power Brake Booster from Booster Dewey in Portland, OR. I took her on a 900 mile road trip this summer to Williams Lake, BC, and she performed wonderfully. Even got over 13 MPG.

I bought the car from the family of the original owner. I was told it was garaged its whole life and looking at the car I believe it. Originally from Montana and has been in Washington since the 80s. It sat for about 13 years before I bought it so it was given a tune up, oil change, and it fired right up. Still has its original motor and it has never been opened up. The body is pretty clean besides the scrape on the side. I couldn't find any rust in the lower body panels. Two small areas of rust under the vinyl top on the front header and the lower rear window. Small scale in the trunk, no rust through. The floor pans are beautiful, I had the carpet up when fixing the headlight dimmer switch.

I will not sell to any Demo Derby guys or anyone who wants to pull the motor/part it out. This car is way to nice for that.

Email is in profile or Gary at (no phone numbers please). Asking $2,000.

00C0C_fbzr1n51Jve_600x450.jpg

00t0t_bAxvHbRSuaP_600x450.jpg

00k0k_bBud1M7ya7k_600x450.jpg

00i0i_7hQgroAgeEc_600x450.jpg

Welcome Gary and good luck with the sale. i had to delete your phone number from the ad though per site owner.

Guys can PM you if they want contact info.

It might be useful for some to know the miles on the vehicle............ Just a thought.

Sorry, forgot location. Near Seattle, WA. I think the ODO says 23k miles, have to assume 123k miles.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car, rock solid from the NW. Does the build sheet say dealer demo on it?

Yes, the build sheet indicates a Y13 dealer demo car.

Lowered to $1900. Really don't want to part this out but its worth more as that than what I'm asking.

Hi Gary, I'm local and have been watching the ads for this car. I wish I was in the market for one of these (I'm looking for a wagon). Good luck!

I ended up buying this car and having it sent over to Spokane. I did some research and this New Yorker was a Y13 Dealer Demo for Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Billings,Mt. Lithia serves Hardin,Montana where the original owners lived. 40 miles from Billings.

It has a few quirks,I need to fix the blower motor(bearing is going out) and it was getting too much power to the fuse(which blew and fried one half of the connection on the box itself.)

The mileage might be accurate. I detailed the engine and it still bears all of it's original paint which has not been burned off over the years of use.

Anyhow,the big land barge is super fun to drive. I re-timed it as it was 8 degrees off,re-adjusted the carb and had this car going 110mph on the de-comissioned Pullman highway(nobody uses it anymore..zero traffic).

My old "Worlds Fair EXPO '74 Spokane" bumper sticker found it's way on to the left rear section.

I love it.

Gary kinda knew what my plans were for this and I'm keeping everything in case I want to change it back to original. It now sports some duals with 2 3/4 inch pipes and is hidden. No chrome tips and you can't see the pipes. I've got them tucked up under the bumper. The dog dishes I did today. Also changed the oil and am running Seafoam through it. I swear by that stuff. It makes a huge difference in the way it runs. I used to use Rislone but it's hard to find now where I'm at. The car runs fantastic and will be more powerful as I go.

Welcome Jason! I'm glad this Chrysler found an owner who appreciates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back