1969 Chrysler New Yorker grill trim clips

banjoman

Reaction score
On my 1969 Chrysler New Yorker there is a thin chrome trim strip the surrounds the grill and headlight bezels. My trim was falling off and I discovered that the little plastic trim clips have disintegrated. There is not much remaining to even identify these little clips. I looked in the factory service manual and I cannot find a good part number. I am pretty sure this same clip is used on the Newport and 300's also. Maybe even other Mopars too. Does anyone out there have any info on these little trim clips?

I suspect it's this little clip (# 6002706) which I have not been able find anywhere except Restoration Specialties who claims to have some. I still need to get some from them.

Grille trim retainer.jpg

Just a follow-up. I ordered the clips in question from Restoration Specialties. They arrived and are the correct OEM replacement. To get them you'll need to call RS and ask for Jeff. He's their 'clip guy'. The picture above is all he'll need.

Yup! Those are the grill clips I need. I need to count how many I need and I will try to order them this week. Thanks for the information, picture and part number.

Back