NOT MINE 1969 Dodge Monaco 500 Convertible - C$7,500 - St-Apollinaire, Quebec, Canada

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this FB listing is 2 days old.

1969 Dodge Monaco 500 Convertible - C$7,500 - St-Apollinaire, Quebec, Canada

FB Description

Dodge monaco 500 440 magnum décapotable très rare pour restauration prix assez ferme pas pressé entreposer depuis plusieurs années pour personnes sérieuses svp à besoin d'amour pour reprendre la route
See less
Translated from French
Dodge monaco 500 440 magnum convertible very rare for restoration price quite firm not in a hurry been stored for several years for serious people please need love to get back on the road
286796152_5606892699323144_5891480180548337486_n.jpg
286854196_5606892539323160_5554834753348159555_n.jpg
286703592_5606892612656486_5390529925343675725_n.jpg
286492354_5606892582656489_5866319313445598851_n.jpg

287806257_5612476898764724_4058377224547796402_n.jpg

I like it, too.

But I don't speak french.

Fender tag, rust and engine condition would be interesting

Carsten

I like it, too.

But I don't speak french.

Fender tag, rust and engine condition would be interesting

Carsten
Completly understand Carsten’s questions regarding the condition,…but this really is a “Holy Grail” super rare L code Polara…I’m surprised it’s not sold yet.

It’s one of a few built and I’ve only seen one example on 35 years of looking…an amazing deal in my opinion.

Likely B5 or B7, white interior, buckets console, 440 HP, likely 3:23 Sure-Grip,.. convertible…where’s the down side?

Last edited:
Completly understand Carsten’s questions regarding the condition,…but this really is a “Holy Grail” super rare L code Polara…I’m surprised it’s not sold yet. It one of a few built and I’ve only seen one example on 35 years of looking…an amazing deal in my opinion.

I feel people want less projects and prefer done cars they can enjoy immidiatly.

Restoration costs have skyrocketed, too even if you do some stuff your self.

Carsten

I feel people want less projects and prefer done cars they can enjoy immidiatly.

Restoration costs have skyrocketed, too even if you do some stuff your self.

Carsten
That’s all true and correct, but you’ve got to “get the car” first, then figure out what to do next.

Opportunities for really rare MoPars at this price point are rarer still!

lerne schnell Französisch und Englisch und es wird dir gut gehen!

That’s all true and correct, but you’ve got to “get the car” first, then figure out what to do next.

Opportunities for really rare MoPars at this price point are rarer still!

lerne schnell Französisch und Englisch und es wird dir gut gehen!

I totally agree with what you wrote.

I still feel that a bunch of people don't buy cars anymore that they would have bought 10-15 years ago.

Even I am already close to that stage.
Buying a rare cool car that needs a lot of work: yes
But the "must have" factor got way up meaning the need to really own something gets checked several times.
I really like this car. But is it the car (any 69 Dodge ie) the car I prefer most? That will be answered "no".

Carsten

I did respond to the listing asking for more detail but the owner has never even attempted to respond. I believe that if you can't show up in person, you won't get anywhere with him. Too often true with sellers on any medium anymore.

I did respond to the listing asking for more detail but the owner has never even attempted to respond. I believe that if you can't show up in person, you won't get anywhere with him. Too often true with sellers on any medium anymore.
When clicking on the ad it is entirely in French. Not sure if you tried to reach out to the seller in French but just a heads up, some folks in Quebec don't respond well or at all if you communicate with them in English.

When clicking on the ad it is entirely in French. Not sure if you tried to reach out to the seller in French but just a heads up, some folks in Quebec don't respond well or at all if you communicate with them in English.
Thanks Fred, as I did only send him a reply in English assuming he could use google translate to get it in French and vice versa on my end. He seems to be a farmer but maybe he is not so familiar with using a computer. I really do not need the car but was only trying to get more information since I prefer Monacos to Polaras but 1969 Monacos are only available as convertibles if sold new to Canada.

Heres a link to the production numbers in an older post.
My buddy Kevin snapped up this unicorn!
1 of 2 440 verts!!!
1969 Dodge Monaco 500 Convertible Numbers
1 of 2.
Good thing it didn't fall in my lap, I wouldn't know what to do with something so rare.
Probably keep it just as it is now - so the rest of you guys couldn't say I f$%^@ it up.

@cbarge — so DP27L9R181742 has sold?

Good thing I’ve been working pretty much 24/7 this month. It would have been very hard to pass if I’d seen the ad before today.

Just out of curiosity, any chance of getting this over the boarder with the new Canadian laws and this being a low production Canadian built car?

Just out of curiosity, any chance of getting this over the boarder with the new Canadian laws and this being a low production Canadian built car?
Car has been sold...it is staying in Canada.
With all due respect, a member here bought it but I will let him share his Unicorn story when he is ready.

Congrats! Do we get to hear more about the car?

Edit: yes, we do!

Last edited:
At the time of posting, this FB listing is 2 days old.

1969 Dodge Monaco 500 Convertible - C$7,500 - St-Apollinaire, Quebec, Canada

FB Description

Dodge monaco 500 440 magnum décapotable très rare pour restauration prix assez ferme pas pressé entreposer depuis plusieurs années pour personnes sérieuses svp à besoin d'amour pour reprendre la route
See less
Translated from French
Dodge monaco 500 440 magnum convertible very rare for restoration price quite firm not in a hurry been stored for several years for serious people please need love to get back on the road
View attachment 537353View attachment 537354View attachment 537352View attachment 537351

View attachment 537355
still for sale ?thanks

Back