For Sale 1969 Dodge Monaco 500 convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
my much loved Canadian market only 69 Monaco 500 convert is for sale.
I recently bought back a 64 Imperial convertible that I owned as a young goof from 1983 to 1996 so Im focusing on the Imp.
the Monaco is a factory R6 red, white top, white bucket seat console shift car with pw.
It is a 383HP dual exhaust car. it has an AM radio and right hand mirror.
the dash pad is very good with no cracks or damage.
it has a new trunk floor, both rear fenders/quarters have been replaced.
there is no rust in floors or cowl/firewall.
the 69 front end has been blended with a 72 Monaco hidden headlight nose.
this was not a simple process.
it retains the 69 wheel openings. the front side markers were filled since the rear end of the car has wraparound tail lights matching the front wraparound running/turn signal lights.
there are NOS front fender Monaco 500 "hockey stick" trim plates that come with the car.
i have all new NOS 72 Monaco front trim, an excellent front bumper and a beautifully restored 72 Monaco grille.
the original hood, front bumper and grille will come with the car if you want to convert it back to a 69 front but a pair of 69 fenders would be needed.
I have close to $20k in this car, but i have no idea what it is worth.
It needs to be painted, a new top and seat covers. the pws are very slow.
$5000US will buy the car.
I am on Vancouver Island which is a direct 90 min ferry from Port Angeles WA.
I can be reached through the site, or imperialboy©yahoo.com or at 250-881-0149
tx mark

the following is information i have been given about the production numbers for Canadian market 69 Monaco 500 convertible production :

As for Monaco 500 convertibles. There are several answers, depending on which set of records you want to believe. Most interestingly thanks entirely to Chrysler's crappy record keeping, the "OFFICIAL" production record says there were 338 Monaco 500 convertibles built for the 1969 model year. All built in Windsor, all built for Canada.

HOWEVER

If you (that means me) look at the option and accessory report (based on SALES) for 1969 for Canada, IT says that Chrysler Canada sold 347 Monaco 500 convertibles.

There's two explanations for the discrepancy of 9 vehicles. First, the production record cutoff date was earlier than the actual end of production (yes, funny as it sounds, the guys doing those reports would, in some years, drive a stake into the ground and say "OK, we're only counting cars made up to (such and such a date)". Second, there's a possibility that the U.S. plant making Polara500 convertibles, made these 9 cars "For EXPORT". "IF" that happened, they were likely oddball combinations of options that Windsor wasn't equipped to, or wasn't intersted in tooling up to make.

So, back to the 347 that Chrysler Canada said they sold:
318-2V 190
383-2V 80
383-4V 73
440-dual exhaust 2
440 High performance 2

All were automatics.

One car had a/c

Four had cruise

197 had a center console (meaning the rest had buckets and a column shift)

23 had a SuperLite

22 had a right hand mirror.

138 had power windows

67 had heavy duty suspension

1 had a trailer tow package
1 had a max cooling package (probably the same car)

13 had a Spring Special package

1 was factory delivery.

4 had an AM/FM radio

27 had a sport steering wheel

Mark in Victoria, BC Canada

64 Imperial Crown convertible
64 Imperial Crown Coupe
69/72 Monaco 500 convertible 383HP
71 Fury Custom Suburban 2s wagon 440
76 Royal Monaco Brougham Diplomat coupe triple black 400
77 Cordoba T-Tops triple black buckets console 400
81 NY 5th Ave Edition moonroof 2 tone mahogany & heather
80 Rover 3500 SD1
15 Passat TDI
etc

DSCF7948 (2)-1.jpg

DSCF7946_zps93de1c44.jpg

Last edited:
now that is cool !! nice work would love to see this car finished !!

Ive hated the idea since the inception. Nicely executed but not with such a rare car

I am not a fan of Frankenstein work on a rare car, but this '72 front clip makes me wish Chrysler had continued full size convertible production during the fuselage years.

Mr Mark been a while. Shame you're selling that beast before you got to paint it. I always pictured it green but I bet red would look pretty cool too.

Those door panels you sent me are holding up great. I'm thankful for your help on that every time I jump in and take it for a spin. Good luck selling the car and whoever buys it is getting a pretty cool ride. That front end just works on that car. I love when people build what ifs & that ones more of a should have than what if.

Mine is still going strong by the way, haven't done the seat covers yet though... having too much fun to park it. --- Ed

IMG_2765.jpg

Love the 69 Monaco grill. Disagree with changing it, but your car. My guess is it will be hard to sell. Best of luck!

Ive hated the idea since the inception. Nicely executed but not with such a rare car
easy solution, you buy it and switch it back !
it comes with the original hood, grille and front bumper so all you will need is a pair of 69 front fenders
so there you go....

Love the 69 Monaco grill. Disagree with changing it, but your car. My guess is it will be hard to sell. Best of luck!
yes it does seem to spark debate doesnt it !
but its easy enough to switch it back, all thats needed is a pair of 69 fenders.
im not selling for monetary reasons; i am happy enough to keep it, but i wont prob get around to it for 5-10 years.
cheers,
mark

Mr Mark been a while. Shame you're selling that beast before you got to paint it. I always pictured it green but I bet red would look pretty cool too.

Those door panels you sent me are holding up great. I'm thankful for your help on that every time I jump in and take it for a spin. Good luck selling the car and whoever buys it is getting a pretty cool ride. That front end just works on that car. I love when people build what ifs & that ones more of a should have than what if.

Mine is still going strong by the way, haven't done the seat covers yet though... having too much fun to park it. --- Ed

View attachment 212310
hi ed,
glad to have helped
i will pm you
mark

yes it does seem to spark debate doesnt it !
but its easy enough to switch it back, all thats needed is a pair of 69 fenders.
im not selling for monetary reasons; i am happy enough to keep it, but i wont prob get around to it for 5-10 years.
cheers, mark
Has the car been in this condition for a while? I seem to remember seeing it years ago on c-body dry dock.
Glad it can be switched back with a front clip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back