For Sale 1969 Dodge Monaco Convertible $16,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironwolf

Reaction score
Contact seller
I saw this on Face Book ......

Due to poor health & the fact I cannot take care of her any more, my 1969 Dodge Monaco convertible is for sale. It is an older restoration & she has 90,000 miles on her. It has a 383 the heads were done 18,000 miles ago, with a 727 tranny & a 650 Holley carb. The top is new as is the interior an the tires. the front end was rebuilt in 2015. I am asking $16,000 for her.

16992229_10209094001929712_821595586824820485_o.jpg
16997681_10209093999449650_8590360804286173100_n.jpg
17021341_10209093997169593_4592673290955346144_n.jpg
16864889_10209094003489751_4352486112206911248_n.jpg
16997884_10209094004609779_7280197144713199743_n.jpg
16998765_10209094005769808_7178977089742095985_n.jpg
16998917_10209094006929837_9213061312869378680_n.jpg
17022223_10209094009809909_3209925430417072229_n.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is that a new interior didn't include carpet. The black looks sun bleached with the brown highlights. I like it though.

My guess is that a new interior didn't include carpet. The black looks sun bleached with the brown highlights. I like it though.
Might have been replaced with an inferior product .. seems like it's seen a few sunny day car shows with the top down which could well have bleached it.

Otherwise, the seats look super nice and tight, the engine bay is nice and clean but not armorall looking and the body looks nice and straight. We're I a vert guy and everything checked out, I'd certainly be in for 10-12.

I spot the Ebay sourced quarter panel patch panels, but other than that, nice car. Judging from the Ontario plates, that would be Canadian dollars, so just over $12K USD.

Shape of the seats are the same as the 71 polara/monaco.
To much black under the hood , mobilhome dual snorkel.

I like the car and hope he gets what he's asking. It could use a freshen up, center jump seat surface rust, carpet, loose the fuzzy dice but it definitely looks like you could get in it and drive to Carlisle with no worries. I've always liked White on a large cars.

So this is a Canadian car originally or ? Monacos in the U.S. at least were not available as convertibles. The interior isn't orignal since the seats are 1971 or later and the door panels do not match a U.S. spec 1969 Monaco either. It seems to be in nice condition, so if you don't care about the car not being very original, I guess it might be worth $12K U.S. I personally wouldn't have interest in a cludged together car.

Last edited:
So this is a Canadian car originally or ? Monacos in the U.S. at least were not available as convertibles. The interior isn't orignal since the seats are 1971 or later and the door panels do not match a U.S. spec 1969 Monaco either. It seems to be in nice condition, so if you don't care about the car not being very original, I guess it might be worth $12K U.S. I personally wouldn't have interest in a cludged together car.
I didn't even pick up on the Ont. plates let alone that it was a different interior.... oops!

this is great info. for example.

for somebody like me, who MAY like a particular car and trying to buy it, but doesnt KNOW how it should look vs. when it was built, might wanna know that. may or may not make any difference .. but good to know.

seller as well .. to be able to respond to discriminating buyers who value high originality. and describe the car more accurately, so everybody is well informed and likely to be happier with the deal.

thx!

I'm not good with fuselage years with regards to Can/US differences. I can pick out the years from external appearance but I'm pretty dumb with interiors. Thanks for that!

Good catch. I can't believe I didn't pay attention to the high back buckets. Wasn't aware Monacos were not available as verts. Thanks. OCD, I'd have to change it all to make it correct. LOL So it must be a Polara? Does anyone know if they made vert Monacos in Canada? I doubt it but I don't know.

Just checked the Fuselage.de site and the Canadian Catalog does show a 69 Monaco vert. I thought they went to a lot of trouble to convert a Polara to a Monaco. No high back buckets though. That door panel looks like a match also. Looks like US Fury III with a Monaco emblem.
69dod_can_05b.jpg

Laurence is a good guy. Last time he was at Moparfest several years ago he couldn't walk around because he wasn't well enough. Didn't know he had gone hill to the point of losing his ride. Really sad.

Gentlemen, I appreciate your comments even though some were not too flattering. LOL. First of all, there are no EBay body parts on this car, all were hand formed & installed. It is a Canadian made car, and the only thing that is not original to the car 's interior is the front seat which is out of a 73 Plymouth Fury III and the carpet. the door panels are original to a Canadian made Monaco. The carpet "was" bought on e bay about 13 years ago and yes this car has been in many a car show over the years at least 100 or even more, thus the fading. Under the hood, the only thing not original is the dual snorkel air breather and the carb. I couldn't find the original breather & besides I liked the look of the dual snorkel. The carb was originally a 2 bbl & was beyond rebuilding so I checked the specs on the 69 Monaco & found that the Holley four BBL was an option item so that is what I put on. if any of you would like to know more about my baby, just ask, I didn't Know Fred was going to post my ad on this site but I am glad he did, I have been a member of this site for years so I will check it out more often to see your comments and questions. Oh by the way, the fuzzy dice stay, there is quite the story behind them. you could say I am known by them. LOL

that is one clean car you have there boss i hope someone will take care of it.

if someone here buys it for sure it will :)

- saylor

Gentlemen, I appreciate your comments even though some were not too flattering. LOL. First of all, there are no EBay body parts on this car, all were hand formed & installed. It is a Canadian made car, and the only thing that is not original to the car 's interior is the front seat which is out of a 73 Plymouth Fury III and the carpet. the door panels are original to a Canadian made Monaco. The carpet "was" bought on e bay about 13 years ago and yes this car has been in many a car show over the years at least 100 or even more, thus the fading. Under the hood, the only thing not original is the dual snorkel air breather and the carb. I couldn't find the original breather & besides I liked the look of the dual snorkel. The carb was originally a 2 bbl & was beyond rebuilding so I checked the specs on the 69 Monaco & found that the Holley four BBL was an option item so that is what I put on. if any of you would like to know more about my baby, just ask, I didn't Know Fred was going to post my ad on this site but I am glad he did, I have been a member of this site for years so I will check it out more often to see your comments and questions. Oh by the way, the fuzzy dice stay, there is quite the story behind them. you could say I am known by them. LOL

If I had the means and a place to keep it I'd be all over your car. I think it's cool the differences between Canadian and US built cars. It looks like the rear seat is Fury III from a US perspective also. I think it makes it interesting to see the differences. I'd like to walk around some Canadian cruises to make note of all the differences. It would certainly make a very unique and interesting car for a US buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back