WANTED 1969 Imperial Wheel Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacLebaron

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for a couple of good 69 Imperial wheel covers (complete).
I believe the same wheel covers were used for 2-3 years, but the width and valve stem hole placements changed. I have included a picture below for the style I am searching for. Please DM me if you have any questions.

Thanks!
A34BA6FB-4FA9-41B5-82D4-6F0BA54DEE92.jpeg

I am looking for a couple of good 69 Imperial wheel covers (complete).
I believe the same wheel covers were used for 2-3 years, but the width and valve stem hole placements changed. I have included a picture below for the style I am searching for. Please DM me if you have any questions.

Thanks!View attachment 468753
I have a couple dozen of these but they all need some work. Message me if you’re looking for resto candidates and not instant drivers.

Hi Matt,
Thank you for responding to my ad. I would be interested in a resto candidate. Ideally, I would like to find 2 complete wheel covers.

However, what I need to make a complete set is one wheel cover disc. The part that everything bolts onto. When I purchased the car one of the wheel covers does not fit the wheel. The cover has the air valve stem in the wrong location and the cover is for a wider wheel or too deep to fit my rims. I can use the bolt on parts and the eagle from the wrong cover and put on a reconditioned cover if needed.

If you have 2 good complete covers I would definitely be interested, I had to clean, paint and polish all of mine. Just let me know and pictures would be fantastic. Sorry for the long explanation.

I appreciate your response and it is good to have an opportunity to tell you I really enjoy your threads on the site along with your great work. Plus, thank you for helping keep these beautiful cars on the road and bringing them back from the dead!

Also note that on these wheel covers, the background (visible through the ribs/spokes) came painted to match the color of the vinyl roof of the car. So there may be variants in different colors out there, but could most likely be painted to match the color you need.

I went through my stash and these are the 3 with the nicest stamped stainless part. They are not without dings and scratches though so if you want to keep looking I understand. I see nice sets on eBay usually every time I’ve looked.
8A54F897-EF4F-4587-B4BD-CB657A9CA01B.jpeg
3EC752A8-01F2-479D-B991-E288097D8A33.jpeg
9E7B804D-386A-4407-8440-D8E8254223A3.jpeg

To be clear, from a structural standpoint there are only two styles:

1966- Has valve stem in a different location (note how the outer edge of the wheelcover is not "broken" by the valve stem location) and has cooling vanes around the mounting ring. These, consequently do not sit flush on the rim.
1966-chrysler-imperial-crown-coupe.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1967-69- Are all structurally identical. No cooling vanes, Sit flush on the rim, and valve stem closer to perimeter of the wheelcover. The only difference is the painting schemes used. Each year had a different paint scheme.

1969-chrysler-imperial-crown-coupe (1).jpg

Easiest way to tell is to look for the cooling vanes.

Oh, People may ask why 2 styles?

It's because the Imperial transitioned from the D body (Body on frame construction) to the stretched C body (Unibody).

When this happened, the Imperial bolt circle whent from the D body 5 x 5.5 inch bolt circle:

s-l1600.jpg

To 5 x 5 inch bolt circle. When the rim changed, so did the location of the valve stem, thus requiring the modification to the wheelcover.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Also note that on these wheel covers, the background (visible through the ribs/spokes) came painted to match the color of the vinyl roof of the car. So there may be variants in different colors out there, but could most likely be painted to match the color you need.
Hi Ceebuddy,
Yes, I actually noticed that feature after looking at my other 3 wheel covers and looking at pictures of other 69 Imperials. The picture I used in the post is actually one of my wheels after I cleaned, polished and painted it. Thank you for the post.

Oh, People may ask why 2 styles?

It's because the Imperial transitioned from the D body (Body on frame construction) to the stretched C body (Unibody).

When this happened, the Imperial bolt circle whent from the D body 5 x 5.5 inch bolt circle:

View attachment 468992

To 5 x 5 inch bolt circle. When the rim changed, so did the location of the valve stem, thus requiring the modification to the wheelcover.
View attachment 468994
Hi Mr. C,
Ah, I see now. I was not sure exactly what the difference was between the 2 styles. Thank you for sharing that knowledge. I have one for a 66 model and that is why it is not working. The valve stem is inside the cast spoke section like the 66 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back