SOLD 1969 Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapidtrans777

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine.
Screenshot_20181020-083302_Chrome.jpg

I know many despise Facebook ads posted here. Doing a screenshot is the only way I know to put it out here. In the comments he says it's a Colorado car, solid underneath, 3 on the tree converted to a 4 on the floor, he still has the all the original parts.

i saw this one yesterday and immediately thought of you Stan...but I loathe trying to put FB crap on anything other than FB....friggin Zuckerberg sure does control his content well...

So seriously... I never heard of a car at this trim level with "three on the tree" certainly at this vintage? I know the Newport is not the tippy top of the line, but how many folks would want this setup in '69???

So seriously... I never heard of a car at this trim level with "three on the tree" certainly at this vintage? I know the Newport is not the tippy top of the line, but how many folks would want this setup in '69???

Manual transmission was standard on 69 Newport’s. Only available as 3-Speed Column shift. 727 Coloum or Floor shift was an optional feature.

Last edited:
Manual transmission was standard on 69 Newport’s. Only available as 3-Speed Column shift. 727 Coloum or Floor shift was an optional feature

Yep, I see it now....found some early sales lit... As a matter of fact, I see it through at least '71. I have seen a Mopar or two believe it or not, but never stumbled across one of those. Learn something new every day. And thanks for the negative mark for asking a question, lol. Lefty71

Hello....

I understand this line of thinking. Hell, I'd drive one too and love it, but im saying I find it very odd that the bean counters would produce a car at this trim level in a standard shift, that's all.

I understand this line of thinking. Hell, I'd drive one too and love it, but im saying I find it very odd that the bean counters would produce a car at this trim level in a standard shift, that's all.
1. Marketing price points for advertising.
2. Loss leader for bait n switch use by dealers.

Yep, I see it now....found some early sales lit... As a matter of fact, I see it through at least '71. I have seen a Mopar or two believe it or not, but never stumbled across one of those. Learn something new every day. And thanks for the negative mark for asking a question, lol. Lefty71

Not disagreeing with your question mate, just that it wasn’t the case haha.
I do find it weird that it would be a 3 on the tree in a coupe. But with a presumed 383 2bbl, it looks like this car is the lowest of the low for Chryslers other than it being a Custom trim. Probably ordered just to have the bragging rights of having a luxury car

I'm assuming you are referring to the fact that no radio was standard? :p

Yes. Being snarky about the use of “radio delete”, the generic use of “posi” and the misspelling of “dual” commonly found in ads.

But with a presumed 383 2bbl, it looks like this car is the lowest of the low for Chryslers other than it being a Custom trim. Probably ordered just to have the bragging rights of having a luxury car

Exactly. Every make and model has an entry point for equipment and price. The is the Chrysler version.

Yes. Being snarky about the use of “radio delete”,
The one that pushes my button every time is when describing the car, it always has "custom dual exhaust". Everybody who has had their exhaust replaced, it's alway custom dual exhaust. They can't leave it at dual exhaust. Period It's always effing custom dual :soapbox:

That's like saying custom haircut. Every haircut is custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back