Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan1976

Reaction score
Contact seller
1969 Plymouth Fury III 4dr Sedan - Project, 383 BB

1969 Plymouth Fury 4dr Project 383 AT

Tel: (540) 384-7440

"For sale is this garage kept project '69 Plymouth Fury 4dr that I have never heard running. I bought it as a project that never got started. It's mostly rust free with solid floors, frame, trunk, doors & fenders, the small amount of rust is at the bottom of the quarter panels & a few small spots on the trunk floor. It has a 383/4 barrel engine & 727 auto trans.
Its been parked for about 5 years & does not run: bad gas, wiring issues, no battery, who knows? Turns over by hand.
Selling AS IS for $1500, but bring cash & a trailer & get a better bargain."

The following piece of text in the advert is one of the weirdest things I have read in some time:
"You have to understand I don't really want to sell it, I just don't have TIME for it, so IF you get it running while it's on my property I'm not going to want to sell it any longer." - Yes, and after spending my time driving over to inspect it, fiddling with it, and getting it running, are you then going to pay me as you now no longer want to sell it?? Myself to seller: "Get fkd mate". Lol.

01717_3TUBXWLMfXO_600x450.jpg
00G0G_cdgCzc6kvzr_600x450.jpg
00606_7OHbVXGi08p_600x450.jpg
00I0I_cjh8Ok6Ie86_600x450.jpg

I imagine the whole concept of paying someone to get it to start and run is just too overwhelming for him.

What a completely f'd up thing to say in an ad. Tempted to take a trailer down and if it's as nice as it looks, haul it home before I get it running.

What a completely f'd up thing to say in an ad. Tempted to take a trailer down and if it's as nice as it looks, haul it home before I get it running.
Hell no. Buy it, get the title, drag it on to your trailer, then get it running, just to piss him off.

Interesting how the engine looks like it was freshly painted...maybe it's already been fully rebuilt after the timing chain went around 118K

In 69 Big block engines were either Orange or Turquoise

This is supposedly a 383 4 BBL car

upload_2016-4-23_11-13-32.png

that one looks Red in the pic though

last time I had a deal like this it was on a ct70 that didn't run for a cash hundy.. we had it running by nightfall.

Maybe the engine is locked up, and he doesn't want the buyer to find out until he gets it home. I'd do what was suggested - get it up on a trailer, swap cash for the title, THEN get it started. I'd tell the seller "tough ****!" and enjoy the rest of my day.

Sounds like a guy that is frustrated and suspects it isn't complicated, he just doesn't have the ability or dedication. Text never conveys the actual tone very well. If he is an *** there really is no need to make it two in one place. Whatever the person does when they are interacting with a seller gets tagged on everyone. Just my $.02

I actually could see this... In 91 I bought a 69 gmc p/u that was in a guy's back yard for years. Paid, got title during the week. On the weekend went over aired the tires, dumped some fuel, set the points with a match book and drove it home. When I drove out of his back yard, he was astounded... the jerk thought he suckered me with a bad engine, it wasn't really that great... but it was too easy a fix to abandon the truck like he did... think I paid $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back