1969 Plymouth Fury Paint help

Costadeltex

Reaction score
My Plymouth Fury III has red interior and originally came with a black top. I am torn between painting her red or off white. Any suggestions? Additionally, how much do you think body work and paint should cost on average?:sSig_noob: Fury.jpg

Fury.jpg

I'm not going to be the first to say it. One of you will have to step up to the plate on this one.

< Sent from my tablet >

My Plymouth Fury III has red interior and originally came with a black top. I am torn between painting her red or off white. Any suggestions? Additionally, how much do you think body work and paint should cost on average?:sSig_noob:View attachment 8306

1 - if it was originally red and the interior is usable, then keep it that way. If not then I would go with triple white (but then it isn't my money).
2 - LOTS!!

White cars have no character. If I were keeping the car original, then red it has to be. If your going to modify the car, paint it what you want.

All convertibles should have white interiors.

Chris is in the business, trust his numbers

I would keep it original colors. Changing colors would affect the price if you ever decided to sell it.

White cars have no character........? Sorry Dave..... I REALLY dissagree... White is the best way to show off a cars design and lines. By todays standards on cars that have no design character you may be right.

Believe chris..... $8-10K for a total repaint.

NOW...... heres what I trying to get my head around....... You have an original RED convertible....... And you want us to tell you what color to paint it.....??????
Perhaps your not from here......! You can NEVER go wrong painting a convertible RED...! especially an original red convertible. It's OK to change a green convertible to red though. See what I mean...?
Interior..... White...Red....Black. in that order.

NOW...... heres what I trying to get my head around....... You have an original RED convertible....... And you want us to tell you what color to paint it.....??????

That's why I wouldn't touch this one. I thought it HAD to be a trick question.

34dmy5l.jpg

Last edited:
Your entitled to disagree, I have seen very few white cars that "wowed" me.

If I had a white classic car it would definitely wow me.

would that be your first choice? Second? fifth?

Pick a random year and model, say your coronet/bee, whatever....and choose what color you would want, white is way down on the bottom probably below some green shades.... see what I mean?

You're right Dave, white would be a little farther down my list. Stan, greens that I would pick before white would be F1 Mist or Pale Green, F3 Surf or Frost Green. I just can't stand dumpster green or that military OD green.

My Polara looks pretty damn good white on white (If I do say so myself ;) ) Wait till she's black on black though.

Green is pretty far down the list but I've seen some pretty cool dark green B bodies & Bob's top-secret mist green car is pretty damn pimp.

Greens Ok, just way down on my list. I spent the summer of 69 touring around the mid west and east with this green bad boy.... And a matching 69 Monaco wagon as a tow vehicle.... Lots of good memories of that.
Also owned this runner for 10 years and have this Coronet now.... The white is just so elegant and shows off the great lines of these cars.

wally's dodge (Large).jpg

Alpine white 6BBL (Large).jpg

coronet turkey run 2010 2 (Large).jpg

Back