1969 Plymouth Fury Paint help

When you look at Chrysler Corp convertibles, it seemed the Corporation was in love with combining red, white and black among the top, interior body (ie black body, red interior white top...or white body red interior black top...red body black interior white top etc...)
Yes I know they used other colours, but sometimes it seems that red, white, black was the preference.

If you don't understand green cars you simply don't understand cars of that era.

There is nothing WRONG with green. It is more subdued color best suited to sedans, formal cars and trucks of ANY era. A large 4 door sedan dosen't come off right painted red, or bright blue or any flashy color, but perfect in medium to dark green.

And if you understand what convertibles of ANY era are all about then you would understand that green just dosen't represent the image of a sporty lifestyle that most convertible owners like to exude.
Theres a reason why most folks think RED when a convertible is mentioned.

There are exceptions to the rule. The British like their sporty cars in "British racing green" which is a great color.

And then theres money..........!!! Looks good in green.

I don't like red, but I*m no convertible guy either, so it doesn*t matter anyways. :)

But it wasnt green and if it was, well, we'll never know

Heres a shot of it.... It's near San Francisco. I could live with this shade of green.

65dodge53834-1 (Large).jpg

Doesn't look out of line to me. Is this a metallic paint or not ?

A friend of mine owned a beautifully restored '70 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible, probably a high #2 car. Normally I'd flip out over one of those. But this was Sherwood Green, a color similar to the pics of the Super Bee posted earlier, with green interior. The colors made the car do absolutely nothing for me despite how nice the car was overall. If it was blue with white interior, or white with blue interior, it would have been a far different story.

A friend of mine owned a beautifully restored '70 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible, probably a high #2 car. Normally I'd flip out over one of those. But this was Sherwood Green, a color similar to the pics of the Super Bee posted earlier, with green interior. The colors made the car do absolutely nothing for me despite how nice the car was overall. If it was blue with white interior, or white with blue interior, it would have been a far different story.

How could you walk onto a lot in 1970 and see all those colors on the lot and in the brochure and say oh yeah, I gotta have the green one?

How could you walk onto a lot in 1970 and see all those colors on the lot and in the brochure and say oh yeah, I gotta have the green one?

It does make you wonder. I do remember walking into 4 dealerships in 1968 when my father was looking at a new car. The Volvo dealer, with their sports car, was white. The Porsche dealer, with the 912, was silver. The Ford dealer, with the Mustang GT/CS, was lime frost green. Hate that color. The Mercury dealer, with the Cougar, was Seafoam green. Lots of green cars and these were on the show room floors.

There must be a reason so many green ones are still around. Wonder if Chrysler could electronically pop out numbers of manufactured cars by color, the numbers exist at least when it comes to 1 of 1 B-or E-bodies.

In 69 I had ordered a new road runner in Fire bronze metallic. While waiting for it to be delivered I got a call from a salesman at a second dealership I had talked with while shopping. He told me he had one of the special A12 road runners in the showroom that I could get right away. I had never seen one so I went over to take a look...... It was green...... I left it there.

Would I take ANY GREEN B or E body? Hell Ya!!!

It was a lot easier to be picky back in the day...... B & E bodys were all over the place.
In the mid 70's you could buy a green hemi car cheap..... pull the motor and put it in a red car.....

Back