1969 Plymouth Fury Paint help

You know damn well what I mean........your sunroof car should be kept original . Your red car needed much metal work, correct? Do what you need to and modify it. I personally dont like the big wheels or the lowered look much. It can look great depending how radical things get

I agree mostly however when I bought my orange 70 I would have doubled up on the price if I had to. If it were green I would have probably only paid half.
My blue 71 I wouldnt even own if it were green

I get you. Goes for me only to a smaller extent and additionally I have some strange taste for undesireable models. Last year I had the choice of two exceptional cars (station wagons) of the same model from the same seller who cut back his collection.

One was red with the highest performance engine available, black cloth interior loaded including sport seats, suspension and instrumentation with tach, oil pressure gauge etc., and one standard model with the standard engine and three options (locking gas cap, rub strips, short floor shift) in beige with a medium brown vinyl interior. Guess what I took :)

You are a purist only when it's convenient for you. My cars should be kept original but yours can be modified. I get it.

As far as I understand he would not change a good original, but one that needs full resto, where there won't be a lot from the original condition left it doesn't matter. That's about what I also live up to.

Ok, so since my Polara has already been painted once, am I now "allowed" to paint it whatever color I want?

What others do to their property is of minor interest to me. I would do yours in original color as I would like it this way.

That would be my second choice. :)

I like my Green Convertible, can't stand the white on it, if
I had a choice of painting it any color, it would still be going back green, I hate white cars, they are BORING, Silver cars semi Boring, black cars, semi Boring, my truck is Teal and I love it, it stands out in a parking lot, I could park anywhere and be able to spot my truck from a block away, as far as my car, it looks like **** in white, I'm more than happy to say that, and in the end it's your $$$$$$$$$ paint it whatever color you like.

In the end you have to live with it, and as I tell everyone who tries to suggest what to do with YOUR car, I tell them, when you pay the bills and do the work, Sure I'll Have a 440, or 4 wheel disk brakes, till then, if I'm funding it from my pocket and doing all the labor, I'll make the choices.

Nick

I'd drive a pink car or even a mauve car. I have no issues that I need to compensate for. I have a purple Challenger and wear purple and / or pink shirts often. Mauve is a classy color on an old original car and that particular car would look incredible.

Sure, paint it what you want, wrong as it may be....go ahead

I am going to stick with Red. I've been looking at red interior cars with red paint and black convertible tops online. That seems to be the best combo. Will post pics once I'm done and everyone can tell me how bad it is hahah.

Back