1969 polara 500 conv......yellow...movie-car?!

69monaco

Reaction score
2700558530_3757947eee_z.jpg

This picture looks Carlisle....some years ago....
Could it be the same car or is this one known as a movie-car ?

Here,s the polara in the movie.....
(73) Fighting Mad - YouTube

Didn,t seen many in yellow........

Last edited:
I did see one like it few years ago that was going to Europe. Was being shipped by a German mopar nut named Axle.

View attachment 434346

This picture looks Carlisle....some years ago....
Could it be the same car or is this one known as a movie-car ?

(73) Fighting Mad - YouTube

Didn,t seen many in yellow........

I might have even taken that photo .
There were two at that same time for sale. One with a white interior and another with a black interior. As I recall one was a lot of money for the time (20ish).

There were two at that same time for sale. One with a white interior and another with a black interior. As I recall one was a lot of money for the time (20ish).

I,ve seen that picture here iirc........thanks..

First i thought it could be the same , later i saw the chrome-front of the movie-car...

www.IMCDb.org
Searchable by movie and car (make/model, maybe even model year). Listed as "background" or active player in the particular movie, iirc.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Last edited:
The yellow one I saw that was heading to Germany had white interior...if that matters or helps.
IIRC there is a member here I helped and his has the 383.

The yellow one I saw that was heading to Germany had white interior...if that matters or helps.
IIRC there is a member here I helped and his has the 383.

No..not looking for that car......but thanks.

A shame of the bad quality of this picture....nice fuselages....
vanishing-point-colorado-dodge-jpg.jpg

It's a shame that you aren't looking for info on this car, because I could probably find out most of it's history.

2700558530_3757947eee_z-jpg.jpg

It was owned for decades by Jarrett Dodge in Hatboro, PA. A friend of mine worked there in the parts department for quite a few years. He took the car to one of the Northeast Hemi Owner's Association shows back in 2002. It's also the same dealer that my '71 Monaco wagon came from.

Jarrett Dodge.JPG

Jarrett polara 2.JPG

Jarrett polara 1.JPG

Jeff

It's a shame that you aren't looking for info on this car, because I could probably find out most of it's history.

View attachment 434719

It was owned for decades by Jarrett Dodge in Hatboro, PA. A friend of mine worked there in the parts department for quite a few years. He took the car to one of the Northeast Hemi Owner's Association shows back in 2002. It's also the same dealer that my '71 Monaco wagon came from.

View attachment 434715
View attachment 434717
View attachment 434716
Jeff
What a small world! Love the grill/headlights on 69 Polara/Monaco.

The car with a white interior you are mentioning could be mine, the previous owner Chris was from Charlotte North Carolina. 2008 Carlisle was the last show before export to Europe and I think the very same picture of the car with black interior was taken at the same show - if memory servers well I saw both in the same photo album from this show.

2699744233-f3e21c8a67.jpg

The car with a white interior you are mentioning could be mine, the previous owner Chris was from Charlotte North Carolina. 2008 Carlisle was the last show before export to Europe and I think the very same picture of the car with black interior was taken at the same show - if memory servers well I saw both in the same photo album from this show.

View attachment 434971

Your story matches my memory perfect.

View attachment 434719

View attachment 434715
View attachment 434717
View attachment 434716
Jeff

Jeff-

Just stumbled across this thread about yellow 69 Polara verts, and your posting about one from Pennsylvania (How many can there be?) caught my eye. So I thought I'd better add to the confusion (or clarification!) about these fusies.

I bought my 69 yellow vert with a black interior from a guy in Chalfont PA, and brought it to California where it is currently being worked on. He said it originally came from Jarrett Dodge in Dublin, PA, which as you know is 8 miles from Chalfont. And he said the car had been owned by the dealer for many years. Sounds a lot like the one you described!

The distinctive, and sometimes embarrassing aspect of the car when I bought it were the Super Bee stripes and badges the seller added, for which a suitable thrashing was administered by numerous members of FCBO, some of whom had seen the car when it had the stripes and badges on it. (The stripes and badges have since been removed.) I don't have any original paperwork about the original owner but I've got the build sheet although it doesn't have the dealer's name on it. VIN is DM27G9D231216, if it's any help. There is one unusual detail - it has factory A/C - something of an oddity for 69 verts?

Any ideas?

Rich
View attachment 442597
1969 DodgePolara - Bumblebee02.jpg
View attachment 442597 View attachment 442597

1969 DodgePolara - Bumblebee01.jpg

Hi Rich,

I'm glad to see that the Jarrett car is alive and well, and a bit surprised to see that it made it's way out to California. I know that it's the car because of the PA inspection sticker. In private hands, it most likely would be registered as an antique and would not require an annual safety inspection, but since Jarrett was a car dealer, they would put a dealer tag on it anytime they wanted to take it out somewhere, which required the car to be inspected.

I do have a correction: the dealer was in Hatboro, PA, not in Dublin. For many years, the car club I was in held one of it's shows at the dealership. It was a great location, and the show had strong turnout every year. Like many small, single make dealerships, it shut down after the bail-out, and is now a John Deere dealer.

Jarrett Dodge 6.JPG

Jarrett Dodge 2.JPG

Jarrett Dodge 3.JPG

Jarrett Dodge 4.JPG

Jarrett Dodge 7.JPG

Jarrett Dodge now 1.JPG

The A/C on your car isn't terribly uncommon. We've seen a good number of Plymouth and Dodge convertibles with air over the years. It's certainly more likely to be found on a Chrysler convertible. With the end of the Monaco 500 in the US, the Polara 500 would be a fairly high line car, so it's not unusual to see them with some options. The most unusual thing to me is that it's a rust free car from Pennsylvania. It was obviously very well taken care of and likely garaged it's entire life. I will try to find out who took such good care of it all those years.

Jeff

Jarrett Dodge 5.JPG

@rcsfca -- GREAT CAR! I have added you to the (partial) list of FCBO 1969 Polara 500 convertible owners here

@bigmoparjeff -- thank you for all that information, and that is one nice 1971 Imperial in this photo. Any chance that you might remember a 1971 Dodge Monaco 2dr -- GY9 Dark Gold / V1W white top? That would have been in the 1990's, most likely.

Last edited:
Back