1969 polara 500 conv......yellow...movie-car?!

@rcsfca -- GREAT CAR! I have added you to the (partial) list of FCBO 1969 Polara 500 convertible owners here

From Rich Cunningham (@rcsfca): Thanks mucho, Ayilar, for assembling the list of owners! There are so few of these yachts left, and having the roster assembled in one place is very cool. And it was also cool to see that CHP Alan has recently joined the bunch - he's always a great help to everyone - and a helluva storyteller. LOL

@bigmoparjeff -- thank you for all that information, and that is one nice 1971 Imperial in this photo. Any chance that you might remember a 1971 Dodge Monaco 2dr -- GY9 Dark Gold / V1W white top? That would have been in the 1990's, most likely.

@rcsfca -- GREAT CAR! I have added you to the (partial) list of FCBO 1969 Polara 500 convertible owners here

@bigmoparjeff -- thank you for all that information, and that is one nice 1971 Imperial in this photo. Any chance that you might remember a 1971 Dodge Monaco 2dr -- GY9 Dark Gold / V1W white top? That would have been in the 1990's, most likely.

Sorry, I can't offer any info on Medina's past. I just checked your latest post on the car and see that it came from Maryland. I'm pretty certain that I haven't seen it around here at any of the car shows that we've had over the last 30 years. In fact, I don't think that there's ever been any 1971 Monaco's at any local show that I've been to, not even the NCPC national meet when it's been held around here.

You are correct about the '71 Imperial. It was a very nice car. It's black, with a black top, and a dark blue cloth interior. It had fairly low miles and I'm pretty sure it was original top and paint. As you can see by the plate, it belonged to Earl, who I believe may have been an employee of Jarrett Dodge at one time. He was well up in years when the photos were taken in the late 1990's, and passed away some time after that. I don't know what happened with the car, if it got sold or if it was passed on to a child or relative. Like most Imperials sold new in this area, it came from Reedman's in Langhorn.

Jarrett Dodge 8.JPG

Jeff

2700558530_3757947eee_z-jpg.jpg

Here's the history on the Jarrett Dodge Polara 500.

The car was sold new at Jarrett Dodge to a woman, who my friend says was either a teacher or librarian. Unfortunately the two people who would remember her name aren't with us anymore. In 1984 it was traded back in at Jarrett for a new, red Dodge 400 turbo convertible. Since the Polara was so nice, Jarrett decided to hold on to it. It's likely that they had also done all the service on the car since new. Some time in the 1990's the 400 was traded back in on another new car and Jarrett added that car to their collection too. I don't know exactly what year, but around 2010 the Polara went up for sale after Chrysler pulled the Dodge franchise from Jarrett. I think the father, I.M. Jarrett may have passed away around the same time frame. The car sold to a guy in Chalfont, PA, which is about 10 miles from the dealership in Hatboro. As we know, it was then sold to it's current owner in northern California.

Jeff

Jeff-

Just stumbled across this thread about yellow 69 Polara verts (...)I don't have any original paperwork about the original owner but I've got the build sheet although it doesn't have the dealer's name on it. VIN is DM27G9D231216, if it's any help.

Rich

@rcsfca -- could you possibly post your build sheet? That could help @MrMoparCHP as he researches the option code for the front end brightwork on your and his cars.

(...) I don't have any original paperwork about the original owner but I've got the build sheet although it doesn't have the dealer's name on it. VIN is DM27G9D231216, if it's any help.
@rcsfca -- would you be willing to post the fender tag and build sheet of your car? @69CoronetRT and I would be grateful for historical records. Thanks in advance!

Back