1969 polara 500

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Since this car already sold I am posting this here.....I thought it may generate some discussion about a rare desirable car....sold for $2800.. Probably for parts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Polar...tr=true&hash=item4d35bef5c6&item=331614188998

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

“This is the ultimate barn find! 440 Magnum 375 horsepower with 727 auto transmission, console, bucket seats. Car was sitting last 10 years. Bought from original owners son. 99k original miles. 8 3/4 rear with posi-traction. Motor turns over fine. Ultimate donor vehicle for Roadrunners, Cudas, Super Bees etc.”
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): DM23L92808828 Make: Dodge
Number of Cylinders: 8 Model: [h=2]Polara[/h]
Transmission: Automatic Year: 1969
Body Type: Coupe Engine: 440 Magnum
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty Drive Type: Automatic
Vehicle Title: Clear Mileage: 99,000
Power Options: Power steering Sub Model: 500
Fuel Type: Gasoline Exterior Color: Blue
For Sale By: Private Seller Interior Color: White

I came across this vehicle locally and couldn't believe what it was. I had never seen one before so I had to have it. Upon closer inspection I found it to be a pretty rare find. My hopes were to find a 70-71 E-body car to put the drive train in but it never materialized. The rear frame rails are soft and rusty so this would only be a donor vehicle. It does not run but turns over fine. It would need the original carb rebuilt and some fresh gas and im sure it will run. I have all the tune-up parts to go with the vehicle. New wires, plugs, points, condenser, rotor, distributor cap etc. Car is missing nothing. All brackets, interior pieces are all intact, dash is perfect as well as dash pad. Have original keys also. Sold on Bill of sale only. Pre 1972 cars in NY do not have titles.

Wasnt this one we discussed awhile ago that was sitting in a yard and was for sale on CL for $950? Same place too.

I didnt recall it at all or I may have parted with the 950 and headed North with a trailer

Yep,.....that is the car from Utica Craigslist ad. Sold for $950,...very cheap, ever in light of rust issues.

The "soft" frame rails arn't really a bid deal. They car is super rare, and should be restored.

Polara71,....why didn't you get this one???

Yep,.....that is the car from Utica Craigslist ad. Sold for $950.

The "soft" frame rails arn't really a bid deal. They car is super rare, and should be restored.

Polara71,....why didn't you get this one???

I should have .... I wouldnt have saved it though, its fate was sealed

I wonder how bad it is underneath wish it would get restored but will probably be a Engine donor for a Cuda.

Another advertised ultimate barn find that was actually stored out in the elements.
Then during description it turns into an ultimate donor vehicle. But it sold with a Profit, so mission's accomplished I guess.

that car was local to me. i was interested but it sold before i could get a look at it.

Kept the car a month, and flipped it. It was originally advertised at 995 on craigslist. This guy listed it for 2800 on ebay and took the best offer... but he loved the car, and bought it cause he had to have it. Right!!

I wanted to go look at it but never did, Talked to the guy on the phone he sounded real nice would of loved to have own that car.

I'm surprised as cool as that car looks (especially when new) that the demand and production numbers weren't very high.

Dave, I like the looks and styling of this one even more than the 1970 model.

I'm surprised as cool as that car looks (especially when new) that the demand and production numbers weren't very high.

Dave, I like the looks and styling of this one even more than the 1970 model.
Agreed I love em they look like Giant super bees to me.

You're entitled Bob..... I've owned a 69 before, ii prefer the 70 by far, looks and comfort factor in . Looking out over the hood is my favorite look of a car.

Back