For Sale 1969 Polara convertible - $18k, St Louis CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Don't remember seeing it before. 383, white/green, buckets, power windows/seats, superlite.

00F0F_2smJtYcp8SE_1200x900.jpg

More (low-res) pics on CL: 1969 dodge polara convertible

Looks decent from these blurry pictures and although neither one of these colors are at the top of my list I do like the combo.
IMG_2923.JPG
IMG_2924.JPG
IMG_2925.JPG
IMG_2926.JPG

I am pretty sure we saw this before I want to say a year ago or better ........ Decent looking vert though ,,, :thumbsup:

There are a lot of positives there. It would be an awesome cruiser and appears to be pretty original

I would say from what I can see that it is worth the money. You could not take a decent car like that and restore it for any less, that is certain.

But it is white and green. The two worst colors it could be.

I personally actually like the color combination, and if I were a convertible guy, I would seriously consider this vehicle. The condition looks very good to me. And it is a 383-4 bbl, which I also like.

My 69 Monaco will be a dark green with black interior, and will mimic this car, and also have the 383-4 bbl engine (I would skip the bug shield though!):

upload_2017-3-24_6-36-8-png.png

I personally like the fact that people differ in their opinions (otherwise it would be a more boring world) and I can also accept that someone disagrees with me. Not a problem.

Right, but the general consensus is anti green with white not far off and this car has both, that' s a problem. If it were dark blue with a white top and interior it would have been gone long ago. It' s been for sale one Hell of a long time.
This car has a very limited market

Right, but the general consensus is anti green with white not far off and this car has both, that' s a problem. If it were dark blue with a white top and interior it would have been gone long ago. It' s been for sale one Hell of a long time.
This car has a very limited market

I dunno Dave. I don't think I have seen any other color on a Polara 500 convertible that I like better than white as in the listing photo for this thread. And the interior is a fairly pleasant green rather than the typical green. You think white causes a car to lose its identity, but I think white most of the time highlights the chrome accents and adds class to the appearance of C bodies at least, but not so much on smaller cars such as B bodies and A bodies. Those need more color because their overall looks are just not as classy, but rather more sporty.

Here is another example of white with a green top and interior. I have a hard time finding another color combination I personally like more. I was sorry to see it leave my place. It was a 50K mile car and so it was in very nice condition. And for being "undesirable", it went for very big bucks.

100_8243.jpg
100_8245 (2).jpg
100_8248 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I dunno Dave. I don't think I have seen any other color on a Polara 500 convertible that I like better than white as in the listing photo for this thread. And the interior is a fairly pleasant green rather than the typical green. You think white causes a car to lose its identity, but I think white most of the time highlights the chrome accents and adds class to the appearance of C bodies at least, but not so much on smaller cars such as B bodies and A bodies. Those need more color because their overall looks are just not as classy, but rather more sporty.

Here is another example of white with a green top and interior. I have a hard time finding another color combination I personally like more. I was sorry to see it leave my place. It was a 50K mile car and so it was in very nice condition. And for being "undesirable", it went for very big bucks.

View attachment 185060 View attachment 185061 View attachment 185062

don't worry Steve, the 300 is at a good home now in Germany and gets driven a lot just saw it again last week.
It has been up to Sweden and back last year and made a 4000 Kilometer round trip as well as many other long distance shows.
I think it has now 5k miles more on the clock.

At least you still got the triple white one

Carsten

And if it were a different color combo?

How about your black wagon? If that were white and green would it have gotten the attention? The money?

Look at the fuss over the orange 70 Monaco, why? Because of the color. Recall a few years ago the white with green interior 70 Monaco? They had to wait a long time to move it, because of the color. Sure there are o pople who don't mind or even prefer white, green or both but that list is shorter than longer.

I' m not trying to change your opinion Steve. I am merely pointing out this car has been for sale a long time and the simple reason for it.

And if it were a different color combo?

How about your black wagon? If that were white and green would it have gotten the attention? The money?

Look at the fuss over the orange 70 Monaco, why? Because of the color. Recall a few years ago the white with green interior 70 Monaco? They had to wait a long time to move it, because of the color. Sure there are o pople who don't mind or even prefer white, green or both but that list is shorter than longer.

I' m not trying to change your opinion Steve. I am merely pointing out this car has been for sale a long time and the simple reason for it.

Maybe the colors are the reason, but I would think the reason it is still for sale is the price. Thanks for your comments.

don't worry Steve, the 300 is at a good home now in Germany and gets driven a lot just saw it again last week.
It has been up to Sweden and back last year and made a 4000 Kilometer round trip as well as many other long distance shows.
I think it has now 5k miles more on the clock.

At least you still got the triple white one

Carsten

I fully intend to start restoring the triple white one yet this year. The skids are greased!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back