1969 Polara/Monaco Wagons - How many made and left?

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
So…I’m on the hunt for a ’69 Polara Wagon, so I search for ’69-’80 Dodge Plymouth and Chryslers on CL, eBay, and FB about every day and since I started this hunt…two years ago..I’ve seen maybe two for sale…and one of them is super shady where the dude doesn’t even reply…and the other one was 3000 miles away from me, and pretty sure they're both long gone.

I read that in 1969 they made 70,194 Polaras/Monacos, but I wanna know how many of them were wagons..and how would I go about researching how many are left? So I can kinda gauge the possibility of me finding in the next couple of months.

I’ve carbon-dated a few websites where 1969 wagons have been for sale and like in the past 10 years…there’s been like 15 for sale…At first, I thought finding one would be pretty hard but possible, but now it seems like climbing the side of the Great Wall of China with nothing but a bottle of water and a box of good wishes…

buy some books, look on line at different sites..... and dont be surprised to see different #s given sometimes.
my standard catalog of chrysler says 117,152 monacos and polaras built
and you wont be able to find out how many left, its not possible to know that.
you could ask how many people on this site have any, there definitely are some

@My65cuda has an amazing ‘69 Monaco wagon that went through three members before ending up in his collection in NC.

@71Polara383 saved a solid Polara wagon in Idaho, he has nicknamed her the Servprolara. She is now back on the road in Illinois and made it to Carlisle last year.

@rags drove a ‘69 Polara wagon as his first car.

@PADDYWAGON is looking for one, just like you are. He’s in NWI.

Have a look at this thread if you have not already:

Let's see some Wagons!

And, as @marko said, be ready when one pops up: here is a DR8 burgundy one that was for sale as of four months ago.

Last edited:
Production per White Book....

DL45 Polara 2 seat wagon 2,801 total
DL46 Polara 3 seat wagon 2,794 total

DH45 Monaco two seat wagon 2,286 total
DH46 Monaco three seat wagon 2,847 total

@My65cuda has an amazing ‘69 Monaco wagon that went through three members before ending up in his collection in NC.

@71Polara383 saved a solid Polara wagon in Idaho, he has nicknamed her the Servprolara. She is now back on the road in Illinois and made it to Carlisle last year.

@rags drove a ‘69 Polara wagon as his first car.

@PADDYWAGON is looking for one, just like you are. He’s in NZ.

Have a look at this thread if you have not already:

Let's see some Wagons!

And, as @marko said, be ready when one pops up: here is a DR8 burgundy one that was for sale as of four months ago.

The burgundy Polara was the one I mentioned in my post as the one being 3000 miles away..I considered many times to just go get that thing but the shipping quotes I got to ship it to Cali..kinda put the kibosh on the deal for me...as I couldn't really afford it at the time and I think it's been sold since then..

D= Dodge
L = Low line Polara
H= High line Monaco
45 = 2 rows of seating 6 passenger
46 = 3 rows of seating 8 passenger

When I got my 65 New Yorker wagon ( 1600 3 seaters made) from derby guy, he told me MANY were lost to Derbys/monster truck rallys, they used to be worth nothing

I'd say a lot of them met their fate in the 80's with demos.

Always be alert you just never know when something may just cross your path. For example I've been searching off and on for a nice Monaco coupe (72-77). And as fate would have it one has although 700 miles away in Ohio.

I'd say a lot of them met their fate in the 80's with demos.

Always be alert you just never know when something may just cross your path. For example I've been searching off and on for a nice Monaco coupe (72-77). And as fate would have it one has although 700 miles away in Ohio.
that was the one I posted right? your first C-body? that thing still looks pretty mint, best of luck to you in getting that thing.
and ya hopefully I'll stumble upon a nice wagon for sale soon.

Last edited:
And the sucky part is,, that people on this forum post that one may be available but then
like a fux;n moron they somehow fail to include the info and contact of the seller...

Many times a car listed doesn't sell and appears later on..
However, if the contact info was put into the listing on this forum then you could
contact seller and see if still available .....

Low production numbers doesn't mean you won't have a shot. You gotta keep at it. It took me 20 plus years to hunt down the car I was looking for.
You can't let distance stop you either. If you are willing to let that stop you, stop looking.

And the sucky part is,, that people on this forum post that one may be available but then
like a fux;n moron they somehow fail to include the info and contact of the seller...

Many times a car listed doesn't sell and appears later on..
However, if the contact info was put into the listing on this forum then you could
contact seller and see if still available .....
wait I thought we couldn't post contact info in the forums? which is why i just link the listing instead...

Last edited:
Low production numbers doesn't mean you won't have a shot. You gotta keep at it. It took me 20 plus years to hunt down the car I was looking for.
You can't let distance stop you either. If you are willing to let that stop you, stop looking.
it really wasn't the distance that was stopping me, it's just i couldn't afford a car like 5 months ago. but after working my rear off for a couple months more, I've put aside enough after a few years of saving...if that Polara was still available, i would totally go get it..well after COVID chills out a bit.

If a CL or Facebook listing have a phone number / email it can be posted....
We are not suppose to post our contact info as we can contact each other via "private conversation"...
As you can see in the advert text from the burgundy on mentioned whoever posted the advert text
did not follow thru in posting the complete contact info..

"I am selling a 1969 Dodge Polara wagon. It is very complete and rare as most were used up in old demolition derby's. It has a 383 V8 with a automatic tranny. You can take the family cruising and plenty of room.

Call 603-523-(see ad) NO TEXT.

post id: 6595503932 posted: 2018-05-21 7:53pm updated: 2018-05-21 7:53pm"

I'm not looking any more ! Had 1 shipped across county. Gathering parts now. Thanks to all of you for help .

Back