1969 Polara Wagon

69PolaraSW

Reaction score
I bought this 69 Polara back in June, it had been parked for about 8 years and has been driven less than 4000 miles since 1990. It has almost 63000 miles and is in good condition. I finally got it running and driving properly at the end of August and have driven almost a 1000 miles since.

20200720_195607 (1).jpg

20200531_153518.jpg

DSCN8082.JPG

I bought this 69 Polara back in June, it had been parked for about 8 years and has been driven less than 4000 miles since 1990. It has almost 63000 miles and is in good condition. I finally got it running and driving properly at the end of August and have driven almost a 1000 miles since.

View attachment 416727

View attachment 416729

View attachment 416731

Very impressive for a Michigan car - no evidence of rust. Even the headliner is great, no sagging perforated hardboard sections. It looks very much like new. Congratulations!

That is AWESOME! Great score on that one. I dig the dog dish hubcaps too! Thank you for saving that fine piece of automotive machinery and getting her out on the road!

Hello and Welcome (...). Beautiful wagon, best of luck with it!
X2. Would to see the fender tag.

Polara wagons are rare these days -- ask @T-revorNobody, who've been looking for a 1969 senior Dodge wagon for a while! An incomplete list of members own 1969 Dodge wagons can be found in this post of mine, to which I should add @69 supershark monaco 500 (he owns an EB3 blue 1969 Monaco) and @PADDYWAGON (he recently bought a DY3 wagon).

In contrast, I have seen a number of Polara and Monaco wagons in Mannix. All pale yellow, AFAICR. I have posted a screenshot of a 1969 in the Mannix thread.

@71Polara383 @My65cuda @polara71 @azblackhemi @rags

Last edited:
X2. Would to see the fender tag.

Polara wagons are rare these days -- ask @T-revorNobody, who've been looking for a 1969 senior Dodge wagon for a while! An incomplete list of members own 1969 Dodge wagons can be found in this post of mine, to which I should add @69 supershark monaco 500 (he owns an EB3 blue 1969 Monaco) and @PADDYWAGON (he recently bought a DY3 wagon).

@71Polara383 @My65cuda @polara71 @azblackhemi @rags

I saw the Servprolara pop up on FB a few days back...the ad was taken down in a couple of hours so @71Polara383 might have let it go? or taken down the ad because he changed his mind..I couldn't get a chance to contact him before the ad was taken down...
IMG_6376.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments. This car has a 383 and is a non A/C car. I also own a 68 firebird convertible and this car gets 10 times more attention every time I take it out, you just never see old Chrysler wagons. I will post a picture of the fender tag tomorrow. The dog dish hub caps are the only change i have made, it had full hubcaps.

Gorgeous. Brings back memories of the '69 Plymouth Suburban that I learned to drive on, then piloted through the latter stages of my post-secondary education. Two round trips to Florida from Ontario, and many unreportable adolescent adventures in between.

Thanks for all the nice comments. This car has a 383 and is a non A/C car. I also own a 68 firebird convertible and this car gets 10 times more attention every time I take it out, you just never see old Chrysler wagons. I will post a picture of the fender tag tomorrow. The dog dish hub caps are the only change i have made, it had full hubcaps.

Its a beauty. Personally, i'd like to see it with the full wheel covers back on it.
My past 69 custom suburban.
DSC02857.JPG

Last edited:
I also own a 68 firebird convertible and this car gets 10 times more attention every time I take it out, you just never see old Chrysler wagons.

Interesting you say that and I know it's true. I go to car cruises and see all the Camaros,Cudas,Chevelles etc and when my big 69 Fury III drives in they notice cause you don't see them very often. Interesting to see people flipping through their internal hard drives as to what it is and where they saw one last. Your wagon is wonderful by the way.

Back