1969 sport fury headrest differences?

66l78rat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 69 SF is missing her headreasts n I see they are being repoped.They are available for bucket seats and bench seat,what r the differences? Chrome band?mounting posts different?I like the look of the ones without the band n aren't as oval shaped,did they ever come in a 69 SF with buckets?Need them in blue by the way.My interior is nice n 100% original n not sure if the Chinese troops will look good?

Do your seats have the holes for the posts? What is your production date? Headrests were not mandatory until Jan. 1, 1969. An early production car will not have headrests unless ordered as an option.

Jan 29 production date,seats r ready for headrest they were just missing when I bought car

This is what would have been in the car...

upload_2018-9-16_8-41-0.jpeg

Nice,thank you.Anyone here buy the repos n what do u think?

I always wondered if that type would work on a bench seat. I've seen the bench type on a pre headrest era bucket seat and it made the seat look very GM. Kinda like an olds or Buick bucket. Not a bad thing just made me look a bit closer at it. There's always this guy. He's been in Mopar Collector Guide forever. I was going to call him for some until I found a set of bench type on ebay for 22 bucks.

IMG_4716.JPG

Wow Goose,thanks a lot.Can anyone explain the difference between bucket n bench seat types?

Wow Goose,thanks a lot.Can anyone explain the difference between bucket n bench seat types?
Besides the obvious physical differences in appearance (I know, that’s redundant), the bench-type are moveable up or down, while the bucket-type are fixed.

Does anyone have a pic of bench seat type so I can see the physical difference?

And btw, here is a pic of an original from my ‘69 GTX, which I’ve owned since ‘78. Please notice that there is only one notch in the shafts. The bench-type have three. I guess it is semantics as to whether or not they are “adjustable”. Here’s my amended statement: The bucket-type are intended to be fixed, while the bench-type are intended to be adjustable up and down. Unless C body are different than B body. Does somebody know more?

image.jpg

image.jpg

And 300 rag’s picture is of the correct, fixed position, so I’m not sure what it’s proving. Please enlighten me!

I certainly admit that the bucket-type are not immovable. These cars come completely apart and a person can change things how they like. Are the C body bucket-type different than the B body? Anybody got a pic of a C body bucket-type with three notches, as the bench-type all have? I maintain that the bucket-type are intended, by the designers, and as built, to be fixed.

I certainly admit that the bucket-type are not immovable. These cars come completely apart and a person can change things how they like. Are the C body bucket-type different than the B body? Anybody got a pic of a C body bucket-type with three notches, as the bench-type all have? I maintain that the bucket-type are intended, by the designers, and as built, to be fixed.
But will it fit on a bench seat. I always wondered but never asked...

Back