1969 sport fury headrest differences?

I'll try to borrow one at the fall fling and see if it fits. My only worry would be if it got stuck in the seat and then I got stuck with it.

Cheep entry to a classy look, (and keep the bench ).

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

And 300 rag’s picture is of the correct, fixed position, so I’m not sure what it’s proving. Please enlighten me!
Well then our definition of adjustable is different.
shruggy.gif
Semantics, maybe, but there is a raised and lowered position, so it's not fixed.

Well then our definition of adjustable is different. View attachment 213811 Semantics, maybe, but there is a raised and lowered position, so it's not fixed.
The difference: there is a notch for the against-seat position on the bench-type. There is no notch for the against-seat position on the bucket/type, as well as no notch in between. There is technically NOT a “lowered position”, by design. But I agree that it’s:thumbsup: semantics.

Also, it is a MFer to get the bucket-type down against the seat, while the bench-type goes there easily. Bottom Line: bucket-type is intended by designers to be fixed, above the seat.

Hey wait a minute. Mr 300rag you think that's a bench seat ??? They look kinda wide for the buckets. Awesome pic.

Btw, as for the factory pics of headrests in unstandard positions, I can only blame liberal 1960s production directors.

Lol, that sure didn’t take long! I was obviously wrong about factory pics but we’ve established that the headrests are indeed moveable. I still believe that the designer intended them to be fixed, above the seat. Otherwise, why only one, unramped notch?
Kind of odd, but on the Dodge brochure it looks like the hardtop has them up, while convertible has them down (and yes, I know they are renderings and not photos).

69dod_can_04b.jpg

Back