Reaction score
Contact seller
Have not seen this one before. Not mine: 1970 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

s-l1600_1.jpg

s-l1600_2.jpg

s-l1600_8.jpg

s-l1600_3.jpg

s-l1600_10.jpg

Looks very nice, even the door pulls are decent it appears. Very nicely optioned as well. Great colors. Perfect car to start with as either a driver or a restoration project. It will be interesting to see what it brings on Ebay vs. typical European sale prices. Very interesting that with more than 6 days to go, it already has 17 bids from 5 bidders and it is a 7 day auction. Portends well for these models yet.........

Seller is doing it right. Put it on eBay and let the market set the price.

Is this the same car discussed here that was for sale in Illinois less than a year ago?

What is that tube in the right corner for ?

s-l1600.jpg

Fits the ad description then (California/Arizona car).

I see a Hurst Tribute car in it's future.
I guess you only meant in the light of the Maximum Profit given the single result of this recent auction result. Otherwise there is nothing to match the Hurst in any Equipment and Color combination and this is a very pleasant one in the first place, except for the Vinyl as far as my taste is concerned.

I guess you only meant in the light of the Maximum Profit given the single result of this recent auction result. Otherwise there is nothing to match the Hurst in any Equipment and Color combination and this is a very pleasant one in the first place, except for the Vinyl as far as my taste is concerned.
Indeed. It all starts with one dope paying way too much for a car. Next thing you know decent drivers are turned into clones and tributes to try and cash in. Not many decent '70 300's out there, I won't be surprised if a pile of white and gold 2 and 4 door '70-'73 Fusies turn up for sale in the near future.
:steering:

OK, had a bit of fun with the fender tag decoder (Courtesy MyMopar at MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - 1969-1974 Mopar Fender Tag Decoder ). I don't see the accent stripes -- thoughts?

CH23:
Chrysler
2 Door Hardtop

TO6: Unknown
Newark, DE, USA

151830: Sequence number

E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 350hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EB7: Exterior Color
H6X9: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Int. Door Frames
A25: Build Date: October 25
207884: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
R22: AM Radio with 8 Track (10 Watts)
R31: Rear Seat Speaker(s)
P31: Power Windows

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion
P25: Power Left Front Seat

B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
V7X: Accent Stripes, Black

OK, had a bit of fun with the fender tag decoder (Courtesy MyMopar at MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - 1969-1974 Mopar Fender Tag Decoder ). I don't see the accent stripes -- thoughts?

CH23:
Chrysler
2 Door Hardtop

Newark, DE, USA

207884: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
R22: AM Radio with 8 Track (10 Watts)
R31: Rear Seat Speaker(s)
P31: Power Windows

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion
P25: Power Left Front Seat

B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
V7X: Accent Stripes, Black

This is obviously not an original paint car. Look at the photo below and you can see the different cheap paint color on the fender vs the original paint on the firewall or the lower part of the fender opening edge. I don't think there was much effort in the newer spray job to do a quality job, as you can still see the remnants of the original black pin stripes on the upper side of the front left fender and leading part of the door where they once were present and are still under the newer paint. Those stripes were painted on and usually wore down quickly with repeated paint fading, cleaning and waxing operations over the years. You can also see where the crease was touched up further due to the mismatch between the rest of the paint on that side and the damaged area. It all needs to be stripped down and done correctly with the original correct color. The original B7 blue looks much better than what is on it now.

s-l1600.jpg

Is this the same car discussed here that was for sale in Illinois less than a year ago
No, that was a blue Nebraska two door that had plenty of rust on it and no where near this condition. I thought about buying that Nebraska car until I found out more about all the rust.
As many cars that fly through here in the "for sale" section, it's easy to lose track. My timeline was a bit off but I thought this 300 looked really familiar.
I don't remember the blue one you speak of.
This car was reviewed here on a "For Sale" thread from 9/3/16, The car sold on eBay on 9/6/16 for $6215. (can't copy thread link)
Doesn't look like anything has been done to the car since it was last sold.

CH23:
Chrysler
2 Door Hardtop

Newark, DE, USA