1970 B5 Sport Fury GT...Critters folly....back to basics

WAAA, Derek sold it?! What a crying shame, but I knew he was talking about it. At least it went to a member here though, especially one who appreciates it like Derek did and one who will hopefully finish the build thread on it. Keep up the great work Tobias, and please keep us all in the loop with how the resto goes

:):thumbsup:
My opinion, I think it was for the best. I’m thinking he now enjoys the ‘71. Having a car you can’t drive or afraid to drive is very frustrating.

Is painted , it looks really good better then the factory did it.
00C3E53D-265A-491E-97E1-3AB7B1C05498.jpeg

Speaking of door pulls does anyone have any available?. I have had a broken one on my white interior of my 71 GT for decades and have never been able to find one however that was before I joined this website.

Speaking of door pulls does anyone have any available?. I have had a broken one on my white interior of my 71 GT for decades and have never been able to find one however that was before I joined this website.
Yes, ABC Moparts will reproduce the original door pulls for you if you send him the old cores. Unlike any of the others who have tried to reproduce these, Bob Baker there is the only one that has succeeded in making exact reproduction ones, just like factory. The 70 Sport Furys used the thicker door pulls compared to the 1971 models that were quite thin and quite different, but it might be possible that a late 70 Sport Fury might have the thin door pull style - Bob only makes the thick version that is on nearly all of these models.

I think that GT is cursed almost everything needs needs to be done twice, SMS was sending me a wrong vinyl roof out for a 29 roof line car and not 23 let’s see how long it will take until the new vinyl will show up.
I spend so many hours on this car so far is not even funny anymore it took me almost 2 days to get the passenger side glass installed since the doors where totally empty no tracks nothing. But thankfully I figured it out.
193F4C53-3FFB-49CC-AD51-4267816C4971.jpeg
5A876425-23FB-43EE-AFAF-ED11AAF23E0C.jpeg
420D2895-0194-4FC3-B212-D05A37224FE9.jpeg

I think that GT is cursed almost everything needs needs to be done twice, SMS was sending me a wrong vinyl roof out for a 29 roof line car and not 23 let’s see how long it will take until the new vinyl will show up.
I spend so many hours on this car so far is not even funny anymore it took me almost 2 days to get the passenger side glass installed since the doors where totally empty no tracks nothing. But thankfully I figured it out.View attachment 556655View attachment 556656View attachment 556657

I feel your pain. I had the same experience with SMS for a headliner and vinyl top order for my '73 Navajo. I too spent many hours fixing the RR power quarter window in my '66 convertible. You are doing a terrific job on this car. Mighty fine!

I spend so many hours on this car so far is not even funny anymoreView attachment 556655View attachment 556656

WOOO man the car looks great and is coming along VERY nicely, WOW keep it up!!! Don't feel too bad on waiting for the new vinyl top, we're still waiting for 2 carpet kits for 2 cars from Herbs.

Back