SOLD 1970 C 26" 383 440 Auto A/C Police radiator #2998968 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it is not a question of A/C or no A/C.

From what I have seen, I'd say that beginning in 1973 BB's received water pump housings with the inlet on the passenger side. Accordingly, radiators then switched their outlet to the passenger side, too. But I am really not sure to which cars that does apply and to which it doesn't.
That was my initial point. Around this time hose locations started flip-flopping around.
People end up thinking...

For comparison there is a 71 300 posted with the hood up, showing how the A/C got moved over further than 69', and the top outlet on the left. I had a 70' some years ago, and the car was setup just like the 71'. Good thing is, it is sold!

The outlet of the water pump is where the thermostat is located. From there, the upper hose leads to the inlet of the radiator. On all big blocks from 1969 to 1971 (at least) the inlet of the radiator is located on the passenger side. First time I hear the A/C compressor was relocated from 1969 to 1970, but that would have no influence on the general position of the radiator inlet. Is there a difference in water necks from 1969 to 1970?

All I know is that when they moved the compressor the thermostat that should have taken 15 minutes......

What about the mounting holes, will this rad mount the same as a B body with a 26" rad. Mine is originally a 22", the previous owner drilled a new top mounting hole in the car. :BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back