For Sale 1970 chrysler 300 conv

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

00x0x_9slVHdzHh5R_1200x900.jpg

That's a little rough for the Euro crowd. Pricing is a bit high for something that has only had a quick re-spray. I do like the door pulls, what model are they off of?

Pics before it disappears.

00x0x_9slVHdzHh5R_1200x900.jpg

01313_OMNXlMqDuq_1200x900.jpg

01212_juVexb4QW9R_1200x900.jpg

00505_kUO67oCIHZ1_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_9Kv5E9GCOkN_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_l6yzLpgjKIz_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_d9XLEnYGbzF_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_fVcd2CRC3Dn_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_98so9I3ZQ6H_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_dqSlj5Dh4tI_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_8iEgNykhPss_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_iTgseAhCLcQ_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_faJl1NhNx3U_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_fvVE1eIGHr5_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_aek37B9IhpS_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_cRxSkrL8cXQ_1200x900.jpg

00404_dromPVMU97I_1200x900.jpg

01515_l0edAehyg2N_1200x900.jpg

00e0e_lWNqc3pWZw8_1200x900.jpg

A few more:
00K0K_fn5ETlJMXjz_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_ca9VqCjolPv_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_a2x4oberRY8_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_5P0eIHZPnkI_1200x900.jpg

"Running 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 4 bbl, 440 cu in, 7.2L, 8 cyl, RWD Classic Convertible with 127,249 miles. Dark Red body, black interior with a white top. Needs complete restoration, engine runs, car moves and stops, solid body but will need some metal and suspension work."

Google maps says it's being sold by a dealer in Hamburg NY. Superior Auto Sales.
He's got other classics too.

Running 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 4 bbl, 440 cu in, 7.2L, 8 cyl, RWD Classic Convertible with 127,249 miles. Dark Red body, black interior with a white top. Needs complete restoration, engine runs, car moves and stops, solid body but will need some metal and suspension work.
42 pics on dealer website;
Used Cars for Sale Hamburg NY 14075 Superior Auto Sales

The ad doesn't give much info, but for a 70 convertible, I think the starting price the dealer is asking could be negotiable.
The trim on the Dutchman panel looks like it has snaps on it where the cover boot would go. Usually means that area has been worked on and filler was applied.
The car's not perfect, but a good start for a driving resto IMO.

Based on my experience, no European would spring for that car from a New York dealer from a Craigslist listing. Who knows what lies under that quick paint job, especially given where it is coming from, the interior is crappy, it has autotemp, the center caps are wrong, the underhood is badly touched up to make it appear less rusty, the replacement radiator is junk and the door pulls are off a formal I think. Just a real mess full of problems awaiting the prospective owner.

Superior auto sales must have hit bad times if they are selling junk like this one. About 4 years ago, they were selling nice stuff, like this one that I wanted badly and failed to snag. :BangHead:

1971-chrysler-300-design.jpg

Based on my experience, no European would spring for that car from a New York dealer from a Craigslist listing. Who knows what lies under that quick paint job, especially given where it is coming from, the interior is crappy, it has autotemp, the center caps are wrong, the underhood is badly touched up to make it appear less rusty, the replacement radiator is junk and the door pulls are off a formal I think. Just a real mess full of problems awaiting the prospective owner.

Superior auto sales must have hit bad times if they are selling junk like this one. About 4 years ago, they were selling nice stuff, like this one that I wanted badly and failed to snag. :BangHead:

View attachment 161603

Yeah. . . And I don't like the radiator cap either.

Now that's a nice 71.
Your experience see things I didn't first notice or thought there are more issues than described on the 70 vert as advertised. You're probably correct in your assessment.
Too bad the dealer didn't give a more detailed description, especially on what's needed on the suspension work. That could be anything from brakes to replacing frame rails.
It's on eBag now. Curious what it'll go for.

The trim on the Dutchman panel looks like it has snaps on it where the cover boot would go. Usually means that area has been worked on and filler was applied.
Not necessarily. There's a lot of these cars with snaps that were screwed in by trim shops when making a new boot. The plastic boot clips were impossible to find until someone started reproducing them.

The clips under that trim.... That's a different story... Nobody makes those.

IMHO, looking at the wheel well trim is a good indication of a decent car. There's no repop stuff and good used is very hard to find. This car has decent trim, so I'm betting that it didn't see New York winters. This car is a little pricey, but it's a dealer and they are always looking for the most $$. This would be a good time to buy this car (winter) and you might cut a decent deal.

I wouldn't buy it without a personal inspection.

There's a couple members here in the Buffalo area that could take a look at it....

Why is there only one floor vent lever? Should be two, or did the 300s eliminate one?

Why is there only one floor vent lever? Should be two, or did the 300s eliminate one?
This is a question that has come up before. Some say that AC cars only had one vent for the passenger, and in fact I have seen one vent controllers for sale on ebay. On the other hand, all three of my AC cars have had two vents.

Not necessarily. There's a lot of these cars with snaps that were screwed in by trim shops when making a new boot. The plastic boot clips were impossible to find until someone started reproducing them.

The clips under that trim.... That's a different story... Nobody makes those.

IMHO, looking at the wheel well trim is a good indication of a decent car. There's no repop stuff and good used is very hard to find. This car has decent trim, so I'm betting that it didn't see New York winters. This car is a little pricey, but it's a dealer and they are always looking for the most $$. This would be a good time to buy this car (winter) and you might cut a decent deal.

I wouldn't buy it without a personal inspection.

There's a couple members here in the Buffalo area that could take a look at it....
That trim does look good, but then the lenses and so many other parts on this car look average or below average, that interior is awful. Didn't know about the clips for the Dutchman's panel trim, looks like I'll be hunting those down this year.

Regarding your new avatar, have you been binge watching Twilight Zone?
:poke:

Is the passenger side mirror correct on the 300? Looks different than the drivers.
Also noticed the steering wheel is wrapped in leather.
The more I look at this car the more I notice.

This is a question that has come up before. Some say that AC cars only had one vent for the passenger, and in fact I have seen one vent controllers for sale on ebay. On the other hand, all three of my AC cars have had two vents.

Cars with autotemp 1 only had one fresh air vent. This is because the central controller is located behind the passenger kick panel and takes up the whole space. This unit is vacuum controlled and no one rebuilds them, and few ever work anymore due to deteriorated seals and other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back