For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible ($23,000.00 Canadian eh.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck62

Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Chrysler 300 convertible
$23,000.00
1970 Chrysler 300 convertible | Classic Cars | Edmonton | Kijiji
$_59.jpg

440 automatic. 90% original paint that is very good. No rust. History from new. Car drives and shows excellent. Price $23,000 obo Text: 902-890-7506
$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

Very nice indeed. I am just glad it doesn't have a/c and also has the dreaded rub strip down the side, otherwise I would be sorely tempted. But I'm not an avid vert guy anyway.

Very nice indeed. I am just glad it doesn't have a/c and also has the dreaded rub strip down the side, otherwise I would be sorely tempted. But I'm not an avid vert guy anyway.
That body rub strip, is that just a stick on from the dealer or did they do that at the factory?

Jrzabelle was a '69. This car was sold new a half hour from me. That dealer is long gone but there is still a Chrysler dealer in Old Saybrook but I don't know if it used to be the selling dealership.

But were they stick on from the factory, or bolt on like the Fury? I’ve only seen the stick on type for the 300, my parts car included, but I have no broadcast sheet to tell either way.
I'd say that they were "stick on".

I'm not aware of any stick-ons prior to the formal era; other than aftermarket.

Nice 300 convertible. I am not that adept at reading build sheets, but the window sticker lists the option code Y5X Body side moldings-vinyl.

I'm not aware of any stick-ons prior to the formal era; other than aftermarket.
FWIW, the original side molding on my '73 Barracuda was "stick-on".

I looked in the 70-71 parts manual and it does list a retainer for the body side molding, so my assumption that the molding was "stick-on" from the factory is most likely wrong.

But were they stick on from the factory, or bolt on like the Fury? I’ve only seen the stick on type for the 300, my parts car included, but I have no broadcast sheet to tell either way.

check the fender tag on the tx9 black 300. It should read on there V5X if it had the moldings

Carsten

FWIW, the original side molding on my '73 Barracuda was "stick-on".

I looked in the 70-71 parts manual and it does list a retainer for the body side molding, so my assumption that the molding was "stick-on" from the factory is most likely wrong.

I think the early 70s was when stick-on appeared. I'm guessing they tried it on the more "disposable" A/E bodies before moving onto the C's where the demographic was more likely to know how to complain and get action.

Nice 300 convertible. I am not that adept at reading build sheets, but the window sticker lists the option code Y5X Body side moldings-vinyl.

Pretty sure "vinyl" refers to the insert, not the molding itself in this case.

check the fender tag on the tx9 black 300. It should read on there V5X if it had the moldings

Carsten

chrysler_tag.JPG

Right there on the top right, and they were definitely stick on. Never noticed that on the tag, thank you!

Oh, and yes that is a very nice 300 vert!

On appearance, it looks worth the asking price, all day long.

Nice car!

I find it extraordinary that Chrysler would use stick on moldings from the factory in 1970. My 70 Polara ragtop has pins with unobtanium plastic clips as fastners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back