SOLD 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible in B7 blue in Bennington, NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceebuddy

Reaction score
Contact seller
- not mine -

In my search for such a car I ran across this one which was not for sale back then. However, the owner now changed his mind and would sell the car to appreciative new owner. He therefore asked me to spread the word, which I am happy to do.

1970 Chrysler 300 convertible, very well equipped: Console, Disc Brakes, Power Seats, Power Windows, Power Locks, AM/FM Multiplex 8-Track thumbwheel radio, A/C, Cruise Control, Power Antenna, Tinted Glass, Cornering Lights, Tilt & Telescope Steering Wheel, Bumper Guards, passenger side rearview mirror.

The odometer reads 19,358 so most likely the mileage is 119,358. The car is absolutely roadworthy and well maintained. However, as the A/C was not used in many years, it is likely to need a charge. The cruise control is in place, but since the carb was replaced with an Edelbrock unit, it would need to be hooked up again.

The car was repainted once. The original dual white stripe spare tire is in the trunk.

Clear title, the car is currently insured and registered in Nebraska.

The owner is asking $ 27,000 for it.

If you are seriously interested, please send me a PM and I will send the owners e-mail to you. Pleasee note that I have never seen this car in person.

IMG_20180528_151817867.jpg
P1230538_2010 Midland International Auto Show Omaha.jpg
1002001101.jpg
0122002113.jpg
3002.jpg
30012.jpg
3008.jpg
30010.jpg
1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible Fender tag.jpg

Oh mama!
Beautiful, loaded convertible.
It may go for asking price.

It’s in my area if anyone wants local eyes on it.

From a show in 2009.

300_Vert_900.jpg

Last edited:
There's an irrational exuberance in FusieWorld going on right now that makes zero sense to me but I have stopped from even guessing anymore.

I am no expert on these model of cars so Im going to ask some silly questions. Are those front fender turn signal housings mounted that high from factory? Plus did the 1970 models have a full wheel arch mold? Fill me in guys.

I am no expert on these model of cars so Im going to ask some silly questions. Are those front fender turn signal housings mounted that high from factory? Plus did the 1970 models have a full wheel arch mold? Fill me in guys.
Cornering lights and the wheel arch moldings are correct for ‘70.

There's an irrational exuberance in FusieWorld going on right now that makes zero sense to me but I have stopped from even guessing anymore.

In the chaos of 2020, women are once again demanding real men, and men are demanding real cars.

Find your next Fusie on F C B O!

Passenger side power seat is a nice touch. Was that actually an option to the 300 or an add-on?

Yeah , it would be better if they were in the lower part of the fender......

If I had ordered a 300 convertible in 1970, it would have been that exact car with one exception - it would have had power vent windows.

In looking at the interior, given the condition of the door panels, seats and seat shields, door pulls, arm rests, how can this not be a 19K mile car - the only things that give me any pause are the statement that it has been repainted and the grainy photo of the body code plate that looks dirty/aged ???

I would also like to see an under hood photo.

If it is really only 19K miles, it is easily a $27K car in my view.

I suspect the milage to be original. With very rare exceptions you just don't find convertibles that nice with high milage. When our Newport was restored in '99 it was a 26k original mile car. Essentially just need fresh paint. But it was an excellent car to start off with hence why the results came out phenomenal even 20 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back