NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible in CA - again on eBay

ceebuddy

Reaction score
CM27T0C166939 is back for sale on eBay again. Now with new/other pics. The previous thread on this car is closed.

About this vehicle
This 1970 Chrysler 300 is an original. The owner has had it for 5+ years. The vehicle runs great and is mainly used for weekend drives.
Seller's Notes
Please feel free to call me for more info thanks
Exterior

Rare 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible 1 owner original 440 bb engine with low miles. Paint is nice and interior as well needs a few little things to have it but it’s all there. This car belonged to Al Simon the producer for I Luv Lucy, green acres and Beverly hillbillies. Car was given as a gift to his caregiver when he passed away and caregiver traded 2 of my cars for in exchange for this. This is a true piece of American history and I have the memorabilia to go along with it including pictures and a lot more. Car runs great has lots of power with new carburetor. I can video of engine running if needed. You can call me at +15628325186

1.jpg
3.jpg
7.jpg
10.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
24.jpg

ADD:
Skinny White Wall Radials, Road Wheels, B3 Bucket / Rear Seats / Sunvisors [lose the white] DRIVE THE USA in the LAST 300 VERT!!!

T-revorNobody beat me to it.

The last eBay auction reached a top bid of $ 13,400.

Now the car is offered on eBay again, from a different seller who looks like a vendor of classic cars and motorcycles (judging from the other items he has for sale), now with a BIN of $23,000. The car is advertised as "rare original survivor". Note that it was repainted, has non-original seat trim, lost its headrests, has a cut-pile carpet in too dark a shade of blue installed, and sports a wavy dash pad.

T-revorNobody beat me to it.

The last eBay auction reached a top bid of $ 13,400.

Now the car is offered on eBay again, from a different seller who looks like a vendor of classic cars and motorcycles (judging from the other items he has for sale), now with a BIN of $23,000. The car is advertised as "rare original survivor". Note that it was repainted, has non-original seat trim, lost its headrests, has a cut-pile carpet in too dark a shade of blue installed, and sports a wavy dash pad.

All disappointing.

Will the real color please stand up...

View attachment 455913 View attachment 455914

Both are likely accurate. The top photo shows a paint with a brilliant bright, lower in the sky sun slamming the side.
The 2nd photo is in a clouded sky, the sun being blocked and the metallic in the paint not popping.
Of course, there could be a variation in camera device settings but that is likely minimal.

Those wide whites are butt ugly in both pictures! :realcrazy:

I generally try to reserve judgement on add-on’s or wheel accessories but these white walls make me think of clowns getting to come tumbling out at a circus...

Those wide whites hurt my eyes! It's like playing Beach Boys music at a car show; so overdone!!!

This thing sold on eBay for a buy it now price of 13,000 on the last day of March 2021(according to the completed listings) Guess whoever bid 13,400 the week before backed out when he saw it needed thousands in paint touch up (not to mention rechroming the front bumper.) Now this clown thinks it's worth nearly double on a car w/so many issues?...I halfway though about picking it up at 13 (but backed out when remembering that Cali would surcharge me 10% on the eBay price for tax) The way this seller took the pics is misrepresenting the car ...which happens all the time on fee bay...these auctions rarely turn out well...private party person to person is the way to go...or Mecum if you have to have the fun atmosphere

And CM27T0C166939 is back on eBay, this time with an ask of $23k.

s-l1600.jpg

Did we have this Al Simon claim before?

"Was special-ordered by AL SIMON, Hollywood Producer of iconic shows like "I Love Lucy," "The Beverly Hillbillies," "The Ed Show," and many others."

Al_Simon.jpg

Did we have this Al Simon claim before?

"Was special-ordered by AL SIMON, Hollywood Producer of iconic shows like "I Love Lucy," "The Beverly Hillbillies," "The Ed Show," and many others."

View attachment 611331
Yes, from the very first eBay listing. IMHOP it doesn't add to the value unless you care about such things. Subtract accordingly for the heavily modified interior. The car does look a lot better though since it's first appearance.

Back