For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible T-code 440 Engine Largely Complete, with 727 Trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've finally gotten around to parting my '70 300 convertible. This is a T- code 440 (low performance) engine that matches the VIN and tag of the 300 convert. This is from a one-owner car, and showed 12842 miles on the odo, but I'm sure it's at least 112842 miles, just based on the grease and all on the engine and trans. This car was parked in nice shape, and sat for many years just rotting away under pine trees.
This engine is largely complete from air cleaner to pan. This engine was recently pulled and it turns over fine by hand. I have not done a static compression test, but it 'feels' good. The engine was still filled with clean, green antifreeze, and the crankcase has oil, and does not have a gasoline smell or water in the pan. The 4-barrel Holley is a correct replacement; the alternator (not shown) is a rebuilt unit, as is the starter. The intake manifold is original, as are the exhaust manifolds. The heat stove is missing from the driver side manifold. It appears to be stock in all ways, judging just on it's appearance. I have not removed a head to measure/verify, but can if needed. This will need a rebuild, of course.
The 727 trans is NOT correct for this engine. The part number shows it being from a 1966 C-body with a 383 or 361. Condition is unknown, but had clean, non-burned oil in the pan.
If you're looking for a stock 440 engine to build into a street/strip ride, OR you're restoring a '70 Chrysler and need a date-correct engine, this may be worthy of your consideration.
If you need additional information or pictures, please feel free to e-mail me. I CANNOT SHIP THIS. It can be picked up here (half an hour west of Rochester, and about an hour northeast of Buffalo), I can deliver if somewhat local, or maybe meet somewhere in between.
$1000
Brockport, NY

70300Cvt440Engine12.JPG

70300Cvt440Engine15.JPG

70300Cvt440Engine17.JPG

70300Cvt440Engine22.JPG

70300Cvt440Engine24.JPG

70300Cvt440Engine31.JPG

70300Cvt440Engine33.JPG

If you do an oil pressure test and a leakdown test those would both be good indicators of the engine's health, and for whether it needs a machine-shop rebuild or just a cleanup and re-gasketing.
Being able to provide such info is a good selling tool on a yanked engine.

Just MHO.

119609, I believe it is, (I'll check when I get home), but yes, this came from the '70 300 convertible parts car I have.

119609 is correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back