For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 29k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn Yorker

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine

1970 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

”This is a one owner car up to September of 2018, where it was purchased from the original family. The gentleman that bought the car new stopped driving it in 1982 or 83 and put it under his car port in Pennsylvania because he knew it was a rare car and one day it could be worth a lot of money. So he just quit driving it and parked it. After he passed away, his daughter at that point in time owned the car.”

9EF34639-6181-4BBC-BD09-F0314EC81780.jpeg

E744B5F3-5493-476B-81A4-82BC81C465D6.jpeg

12D6C7CE-4A8A-4E52-9BC4-F84437962801.jpeg

8E28F5D8-2B47-463D-B9F5-4592521204F6.jpeg

29k Genuine Miles: 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst

Wow the flipper sure went thru this time capsule with a bulldozer. He might’ve done better to sell it untouched and let someone else get it going. Think of all those original assembly line parts that got chucked. Too bad but at least they didn’t touch the paint yet...

This car has been on Ebay for over a month now and not sold. Now it is showing some interest for some reason, but since the bidders' identy is hidden, who knows what is really going on or who is really doing the bidding? It doesn't help the value of the car in my mind that the engine has been pretty much taken apart and some major parts replaced and then put back together again. With all the caveats about the seller not being responsible for much of anything after the car is purchased makes me cautious as well.

If it is actually a low miles original car in the condition advertised the current bidding price isn't unreasonable. Still I fail to understand why it became necessary to tear down the engine if it wasn't stuck. Also is that silver spray paint underneath?

Wow the flipper sure went thru this time capsule with a bulldozer. He might’ve done better to sell it untouched and let someone else get it going. Think of all those original assembly line parts that got chucked. Too bad but at least they didn’t touch the paint yet...

I agree... such a damn shame they tore it apart. Probably not needed if you would have taken the time with it.
Crap like that grinds me... find a gem and you think the best course is to re-cut it.

I downloaded just about every pic on the website as reference info. It's easy to spot their obvious mistakes or repairs (mainly underhood) but on a 29K-mile car there are lots of things untouched. Those pics solved a problem for me about the hood hook (correct zinc phos instead of the white paint on my "restored" hook) and plain black paint on the hood pin brackets (vs silver/cad on some "restored" cars out there.

And the interior is amazing.

Maybe he saved them? Too much to ask?

Maybe he saved them? Too much to ask?
I’ll bet you a soda that original alternator is in the core bin at autozone. Hey they gotta get that core charge back, 25 bucks is 25 bucks...

DCF7B5B4-714B-4A6B-BDA8-A7CDBE79DDEC.jpeg

I wonder if they used to restore paintings?? I think I remember their work.

their detail man sure did a poor job of painting the white around the doors and door jams

"Please do not message us through eBay,"

then;

"Please send us your name and phone number directly through eBay so we can work out the paperwork"
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

SOLD

"Winning bid: US $20,100.00 [ 200 bids ]"

Shoulda left it alone. Make the engine run so the buyer can move it onto a trailer. Otherwise.....stand down. You aren't adding value with "repairs".
I actually went and looked at it. Reminded me of how much worse cars look in person vs pics. Interior was nice but the outside had been touched up WITH A BRUSH and what wasn’t brushed had plenty of overspray. It would’ve been an embarrassment to drive in its present state. Wheels were in bad shape and there was plenty of scaly rust typical of a low mileage PA car stored outdoors or in a damp setting for many years.
Overall a sad car needing an ambitious and talented body and paint guy to make right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back