NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst in Mankato, MN (rough)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
CM23U0C196833 is listed for sale as is, with title, for $8.9k. Lots of loose parts, but I do not see an engine. @Trace 300 Hurst @69CoronetRT

1970-chrysler-300-hurst.jpg

Somebody robbed its most valuable parts (the engine and the interior), and tries to flip the rest. Good luck. The asking price is tenfold of what it is worth in that state. From the ad: ”What you see is what you get”.

It was still complete in January, when we last commented on it. It’s still the same vendor. What they did to it is indecent.

Last edited:
It wont sell at any price after being cherry picked of all the valuable stuff and Hurst related items.
All that is left is chop out the VIN numbers for rebody a 70 Chrysler 300H.
BAsically buying the title and carcass for a rebody

This isn't the same car, that cars VIN ended in 858.

View attachment 588766
Thank you for correcting me. My sixty plus year old eyes did it to me again. I take back some of my rant, too. Hope it finds someone, who would put it back together. It’d be difficult, though, without the missing seats and console. Those are near to impossible to find. The E86 not so much, and even less so if you are willing to settle for a built E85.

Last edited:
This isn't the same car, that cars VIN ended in 858.

View attachment 588766
Thank you for correcting me. My sixty plus year old eyes did it to me again.

This is why it is so important (and why I keep asking for members) to please, please, PLEEEAAASE post the VIN (if it is available) when writing about a car for sale. FWIW, the first thing I do before posting is to do a search by VIN to see if we've seen the car before.

Thanks to @LocuMob for posting CM23U0C217858 (which enables one to immediately link to the thread started by @marty mopar on Jan. 10, 2023) and thanks to @commando1 for linking the present thread to the 2015 "for sale" thread started by @67-Fury in which CM23U0C217858's then-owner @bigrigpardo talked about the car.

Last edited:
Honestly Id consider it if it was still in Jersey at the 2015 price lol. I've been casually window shopping for a non #s matching Hurst car (I'd probably pull the trigger if I found a non AC, console car)

A 300 Hurst with a PROPER Hurst shifter, maybe a 440-6bbl or a hemi under the hood & a Strange D60 out back. What these cars should have been.

maybe one day but till then Ill keep dreaming :)

20221029_230817.jpg

I paid 4500 usd for a rolling shell in 2015, and got a ’68 440 with a 727 on top of the deal. It had an almost intact - like new - interior to boot. That is why I think this kit-car of a 300 Hurst is way overpriced. It is missing the whole front end, as well as most of the interior.

Too bad is is so over priced.
This car with a blue and grey front clip and some patina parts would look awesome in my collection.
Deserves to be peeling tires out on the pavement.
The C's don't deserve near as much abuse as the other bodies but a clapped out Hurst would just be a great street car. And it has a spoiler/wing!!

Back