Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Edition | T134 | Kissimmee 2018 | Mecum Auctions
Really nice. Saw this while scanning the field of entries. Think it's going up on the carpet on Thursday per website.
hurst.jpg
hurst1.jpg
hurst2.jpg

I didn't see this one listed before. But, I might have missed it. I feel like this bad flu is trying to kill me.

It will be interesting to see what this car brings.

Some cars have brought strong money in the first days of the auction and others have hammered sold for what I think is a reasonable price.

The yellow '78 NY'er Brougham bid to $9k but did not sell. I think that was good money for the car especially once you add in the buyer's premium that has to be paid. Just a few examples of selling prices relevant to FCBO members:

'64 Imperial Convertible sold for $15,950
'60 Plymouth Suburban Wagon needing paint but with a new NOS material interior went for $22,550
'62 300-H unrestored went for $45,650
'61 Fury Convertible (red) went for $29,150

It will be interesting to see what this car brings.

Some cars have brought strong money in the first days of the auction and others have hammered sold for what I think is a reasonable price.

The yellow '78 NY'er Brougham bid to $9k but did not sell. I think that was good money for the car especially once you add in the buyer's premium that has to be paid. Just a few examples of selling prices relevant to FCBO members:

'64 Imperial Convertible sold for $15,950
'60 Plymouth Suburban Wagon needing paint but with a new NOS material interior went for $22,550
'62 300-H unrestored went for $45,650
'61 Fury Convertible (red) went for $29,150
$9k was too much... idiot should have took it...

This Imperial? I wish there were more pictures, she looks good in the one here...
1964 Imperial Convertible | J266.1 | Kissimmee 2018 | Mecum Auctions
The 300H is very nice... but IDK the values, not as strong as a Sonoramic car I'm sure...
1962 Chrysler 300H Hardtop | K75 | Kissimmee 2018 | Mecum Auctions
I already hate the wrapped steering wheel... hey @bluefury361 what do you think?
1961 Plymouth Fury Convertible | K228 | Kissimmee 2018 | Mecum Auctions

Curious on history, mileage, who restored it.

So this guy will want $40k and no commission.

View attachment 161986

Easy Stan, I am the guy that bought that wreck from Coparts a few years ago and ended up parting it due to the extensive damage. I will use the nice parts from it, including the engine, interior, decklid and a lot more for my own Hurst that is missing its original engine and needs an interior. I have everything it needs now. Maybe when I am done with mine, I would ask that much though! :thumbsup:

Easy Stan, I am the guy that bought that wreck from Coparts a few years ago and ended up parting it due to the extensive damage. I will use the nice parts from it, including the engine and interior for my own Hurst that is missing its original engine and needs an interior. I have everything it needs now. Maybe when I am done with mine, I would ask that much though! :thumbsup:
if this is same car lm thinking of will be alottaaa good parts to be had offa it.

OUCH! Did anyone survive?

if this is same car lm thinking of will be alottaaa good parts to be had offa it.

It was an old couple driving it back from a Chrysler 300 Club meet in the South and it started raining on their way home. The car was going about 60 mph and rounding a curve the elderly gentleman lost control of the car when it slid off the highway and crashed into a big tree. Amazingly, both of them survived with only bruises and spent a day in the hospital and then drove a rental car home the rest of the way. That dashpad, and the dished steering wheel and collapsible column, according to the lady I talked to about the incident, seemed to have cushioned things pretty well and the seat belts held them in place otherwise. The tree didn't budge though. Obviously, the car absorbed a lot of crash energy and bent the whole underbody pretty well.

I did get a lot of very good parts off that car and it was well worth the purchase. They will be used again in another Hurst.

Last edited:
I can just hear some of the guys from Hemmings and other "Musclecar" rags: "Period incorrect TA Radials need to go."

Only 18,000 of them left. Lol. :poke:

Yeah, I know they only made 500 of them.

That is hands down the best condition 300 Hurst I ever seen. The new owner looks happy as hell!

It's at the 3:09 mark if you recorded today's Mecum broadcast.

It hammered at $60k, then you add the 10% buyer premium and you get the $66k listed on the website.

Is that the highest known selling price for a '70 Hurst?

Dave

It was an old couple driving it back from a Chrysler 300 Club meet in the South and it started raining on their way home. The car was going about 60 mph and rounding a curve the elderly gentleman lost control of the car when it slid off the highway and crashed into a big tree. Amazingly, both of them survived with only bruises and spent a day in the hospital and then drove a rental car home the rest of the way. That dashpad, and the dished steering wheel and collapsible column, according to the lady I talked to about the incident, seemed to have cushioned things pretty well and the seat belts held them in place otherwise. The tree didn't budge though. Obviously, the car absorbed a lot of crash energy and bent the whole underbody pretty well.

I did get a lot of very good parts off that car and it was well worth the purchase. They will be used again in another Hurst.

yup same car...heard about this....through here more than likely ...hope it was a good buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back