NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Palm Springs 3k

TobiasM

Reaction score
Seen on craigslist, hope it is not a repost, if so, feel free to delete.

If not: definately not much left/BIG project, but maybe interesting for some members here.

This is the link: 1970 Chrysler Hurst - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...

DAAEC6FF-EC22-4952-9EB8-ED939947EF29.png

F4040854-8584-4A89-A0BF-366A55A94A39.png

5877CB92-67A9-4B9A-9C17-0000A118C065.jpeg

17C28C4F-2057-4A45-ABD8-3D98DAFF4272.jpeg

5A066CBA-EDBB-4B32-922E-ED246D320912.jpeg

10E263A5-EA1D-4497-83E1-5D35917A7395.jpeg

AD7B8248-7015-4EA1-8BFC-50002312D108.jpeg

972F39CC-1655-45B2-BD03-8CA5F25E9FDE.jpeg

4EE365AF-ABF8-4156-A7BC-57DA5C5B7919.jpeg

4042A92F-2D33-47C3-959E-DA7898BB50CF.jpeg

Looks to me like it was pulled from a high & dry bone-yard.

Just about impossible to return to Hurst status due to the rarity of the Hurst bits, but the bones look good for a "normal" Coupe project.

Those bones are great looking. I can't find a true rust hole anywhere in the pics.
The rear valance looks unbent. That is about unheard of on any car in that shape.

Gotta wonder why such a Rare and special car was Gutted..

Yes, sometimes one can only wonder...especially as the sheetmetal looks pretty much rustfree, as cuda hunter points out correctly.

Those bones are great looking. I can't find a true rust hole anywhere in the pics.
The rear valance looks unbent. That is about unheard of on any car in that shape.

You are right and I must admit I did not realise the good condition of the body until you mentioned...was too shocked of seeing this Hurst gutted.

seller is Sean M. a well known Mopar guy from Palm Desert.

Carsten

I’ve got most of the missing parts....but don’t need another 300/H unfortunately...

I’ve got most of the missing parts....but don’t need another 300/H unfortunately...

Luxury problems ;-)

Oh ya? Good to know, if you were willing to part with your parts, that may nudge someone here to buy that shell and put her back together. Just a thought

Yes, that would be great if some member from here could&would reanimate this 300H with your parts.

Gotta wonder why such a Rare and special car was Gutted..
These cars are only now beginning to get some deserved recognition. Remember, for years these things were seen as nothing but engine donors for B/E cars...if it was a Magnum, so much the better.
I bet the drive train was pulled from this largely rust free car in the 80s for a completely clapped out Satellite that someone was turning into a Roadrunner.
Still looks like a bone yard save to me.

No Hurst parts. no fender tag, no title, big turn-off. The missing seat probably had the build sheet too, lol. Would the 300 club have registry info on this one? I'd be concerned that there is a clone running around somewhere.

I have been casually looking for a '70-'71 hard top U-code project for a 4 speed build & this would be a good candidate without the drivetrain... My friend even has the missing Hurst fiberglass parts I could probably buy.
But the missing fender tag & probably build sheet too hurt it for me.

Very tempting but wrong timing as usual.

To me it looks like a pile of parts, not a car. I would buy those seats, both front and back, but he only has one passenger seat, really. The rear seat is gone beyond any sensible restoration effort.

Looked at this last week and know the seller. Made an offer but didn't get it done. Good project and was indeed parted out circa 1990 and then ended up in a bone yard. If it had the tag and title I would pay the asking price. Car is pretty clean but has some rear window and trunk rust, typical California rust. If anybody on here ends up with it I have some extra interior bits.

Looked at this last week and know the seller. Made an offer but didn't get it done. Good project and was indeed parted out circa 1990 and then ended up in a bone yard. If it had the tag and title I would pay the asking price. Car is pretty clean but has some rear window and trunk rust, typical California rust. If anybody on here ends up with it I have some extra interior bits.
Without the tag and title, if anyone does buy it and tries to register it, won't it be a Salvaged Title? Does the seller understand that such reduces the value of a car, any car?

Without the tag and title, if anyone does buy it and tries to register it, won't it be a Salvaged Title? Does the seller understand that such reduces the value of a car, any car?

In many states that's OK.

Back