For Sale 1970 Chrysler Newport 2DR HT 383 With Factory Manual Transmission - $3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine...just sharing

man1.jpg
man2.jpg
man3.jpg
man4.jpg
man5.jpg
man6.jpg
man7.jpg
man8.jpg
man9.jpg
man10.jpg

+7

Mopar Swap Meet added 10 new photos.
12 hrs
1970 Chrysler Newport 2DR HT 383 With Factory Manual Transmission - $3000

This is a stripper model Newport, fender tag is almost void of options. 383 2bl, manua...l steering, manual drum brakes, no a/c, cruise, power windows, locks or tilt. All the expected items were not included. The car has the rare 3 speed on the column. In 25 years of collecting letter cars and odd ball mopars, this is the first manual column car I have came across. Car has been stored in Central Oregon (high desert), off the road since 1998. With new fuel lines and a basic fluid check, the car runs very well. The clutch and brakes work fine as well. The long time owner installed a cb that still works and a vintage cassette deck. The door panels are cut for aftermarket speakers. The car has a spot of rust at the rear window that someone gooped up with something and a little rust at the bottom of the passenger fender where road scum gets trapped. Heater and wipers function, lights come on but have some burned out bulbs. Car will need a muffler and I would recommend a complete fluids change. Clear Oregon Title. Located in Gaston, Oregon. $3,000.00 cash

I never realized they built a three on the tree in those years, I learned something new today.

Why do people insist on removing fender tags? I realize there are sometimes valid reasons to remove them for safekeeping on a high-dollar car, but sometimes you can just tell that people do it simply because they think it's the thing to do...

And is that rust perforation near the wiper motor???

I dont know with that fender tag. At 90 when i rebuild my (first car) 74 4D Dart with 360/999/714 with suregrip, i removed fender tag before repaint. No idea why... maybe it was to feel to restore something original.... no idea. But i liked to keep fender tag original vs paint it over.

An uncle of mine had a '67 Polara Fast Top in the late 70's that had a 318 with a 3 speed manual on the column. Blue, white vinyl top and I think it had a blue interior with bucket seats. We did a repaint for him, NO rust anywhere! Wish I had bought it from him, very cool looking car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back