1970 chrysler newport bench seat removal!?

BAD69FURY

Reaction score
Anyone done this recently? trying to remove my seats to get them re-upholstered. but where are the attachment points for the front bench seat? if i look under the cars looks like you have to go through the subframe rails to get to the bolts? any info/help on removal of front bench and rear seats would be appreciated.

Mike

The bolts are under the front seat that hold the tracks for the seat in place. A lot of time you will need to take a wire brush to expose the bolt heads. Foam from the seat pads and dirt collect under the seat. There is a flat flange at the base of the seat track and the bolts are located there. Lower half of the rear seat is removed by pushing the seat cushion to the rear as far as possible, then pull the cushion forward and upward to disengage the catch. Upper half of the rear seat has bolts on a tang at the bottom of the cushion at the corners.

Dave

I just did this on my ‘69. They’re pretty much all the same. Go check out my “will 1967 Imperial seats fit in a 1969 fury” post. I got tons of pics of the bench the bolts the seat frame vs the seat adjuster mounts. Should be 4 nuts rock the seat n it’ll fall back out of the floor. Don’t let it whack you Lol!!!

Good luck bud!!!

Pretty sure mechanically wise your front bench is the same as mine. I didn’t throw it away as I was hoping to give it away but if you need bolts latches etc etc let me know I should be able to part it out and just mail the parts for free...

A051BED7-AA10-40FF-AC6C-8C565757F44C.jpeg

10AF7BE0-7AE0-4E97-A8E1-6AD216ADC8C9.jpeg

A5B745BC-3F6C-470C-93D7-BE70E94D74D9.jpeg

Back