1970 Chrysler Newport Cordoba

Ramtuff53

Reaction score
Ok guys......I'm a looking for info. I've decided to sell my 1970 Chrysler Newport Cordoba. I got it from an estate of my neighbor. It's 1 owner, 57,542 miles, all original, no rust. It's been garaged and parked since 1996. I got it with the intention of fixing it up and getting it running. I have a new gas tank, fuel pump, sending unit, water pump and other misc parts. I've decided to sell it. What I'm looking for is what's a fair price to ask for the car? I figure this forum would be best to ask. I appreciate any and all input.......thanks!!

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_3171.JPG

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3167.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

Man, you'd think Highland Park was built over some Mayan ruin, or invaded by Aztecs in the 70s.

img_3164-jpg.jpg

Good luck with your sale.

IMG_20180107_140630.png

IMG_20180107_140652.png

Has it been repainted or is it original paint? So it resided where before 1996? I ask because of the apparent heat(?) stains on the dashpad. It does look very nice overall though and with no rust, surely a standout car. Being a 4 door, it is a little more difficult to estimate its value for me. Maybe the guys in Europe would have a better idea.

Has it been repainted or is it original paint? So it resided where before 1996? I ask because of the apparent heat(?) stains on the dashpad. It does look very nice overall though and with no rust, surely a standout car. Being a 4 door, it is a little more difficult to estimate its value for me. Maybe the guys in Europe would have a better idea.

original paint. always been a Georgia car. The spot on the dash is where she has something mounted.

So the car does not run in its present state? and the parts are needed or just a good idea to change. If it cannot be running and driving it will bring a lower price and even limit the transport people available. What does the underside of the car look like?

th
So the car does not run in its present state? and the parts are needed or just a good idea to change. If it cannot be running and driving it will bring a lower price and even limit the transport people available. What does the underside of the car look like?
the car is currently not running. underside in excellent shape.

th

the car is currently not running. underside in excellent shape.

Could you elaborate as to why it is not running? It matters. Just needs maintenance because it hasn't run in 20 years but you don't want to get into it but engine spins etc. ?

BTW, don't ever try to run an engine on old gas or you will regret it when the valves seize and cause damage.

O.K. assuming your answer is bad fuel and not needing more parts that you describe including. In my humble opinion $2000. And that might be on the high end. There is a lot of assumptions going on here and people don't like paying for that. If anyone disagrees please chime in.

Could you elaborate as to why it is not running? It matters. Just needs maintenance because it hasn't run in 20 years but you don't want to get into it but engine spins etc. ?

BTW, don't ever try to run an engine on old gas or you will regret it when the valves seize and cause damage.

It's not running because it's been parked since 1996. The gas tank was bad because it was full of gas. I pulled the tank and discarded. I have new tank and parts to get it running, I just have not tried to get it running, since I'm planning to sell. The engine does turn over fine.

O.K. assuming your answer is bad fuel and not needing more parts that you describe including. In my humble opinion $2000. And that might be on the high end. There is a lot of assumptions going on here and people don't like paying for that. If anyone disagrees please chime in.

There is no gas tank in the car. It went bad because the lady stored the car with gas in the tank. I removed tank and bought a new one for it. I just have not done any work to try to get it running. I could, but have chosen not to at this time. I'm looking to sell it instead.

I think if you just took one weekend afternoon, lifted the car up and went through the fuel delivery, it’d be an easy way to bring the car from something like $2000, to $3000+.

The car seems very presentable and people hearing that the car runs gets them all bubbly inside - even if they don’t plan on driving it. Enthusiasts like us will most likely always trailer it home, but don’t some they don’t wanna go through the hassle of shipping companies blah blah blah.

I know that it’s not currently - but I think that we should assume the car runs and is able to move under its own power when giving this valuation. For sake of ease.

Last edited:
As it sits, I'd say 2k is a fair price because someone will have to put it back together and get it running. Carb will likely need rebuilt also. If you took the time to put the parts on it and got it running, I'd guess this is at least a 6k car easy. Many on here will disagree but that's what makes this forum entertaining. There are some on here who undervalue and others who overvalue. I'm probably in the overvalue crowd but this is a very rare car but not as collectable as A, B, E's so you'd have to find the right buyer. This is probably the best forum to find the right buyer. If I had the money and space, it'd be in my garage.

How many were made and how many are still there , and in this shape............!!!!
Easy 6k as shooter65 said .......!!!
I think it,s a fuselage collectors item.

Back