1970 Chrysler Newport Cordoba

FL6 (aztec gold) is one of my favorite colors and I have 2 1971 300s with that color - one with a white vinyl top/interior and the other with a dark brown vinyl top/brown interior (and sunroof). Both are 2 doors.

FL6 was not a regular production option in 1970 except for the Cordoba edition I believe, but was an rpo in 1971.

To me it looks great when in nice condition like this example that he now wants to sell.

Last edited:
my advice:
get it running
Put it on ebay and see how the bidding goes.
Place an ad/link here on the forum, too when you start the auction

Watch out as the flippers will jump out now telling you it is worth next to nothing.

Carsten

I seems like a really nice car and it is a pity it is not running ,especially since it may not take much work to get it going. If it ran well it will then command a good deal more money. I have heard in Europe and elsewhere 4 doors are very desirable.
My guess 6000.00 would be easy running. It will most likely be shipped over the pond. For 10,000.00
bucks or so someone over there will get a BIG nice American car shipped to his door for peanuts. It would make an excellent entry level American car they could flip for a more expensive one later.

Looks great and I think getting it running would be your best option too. Can you help us understand why you don’t want to get running?

Looks great and I think getting it running would be your best option too. Can you help us understand why you don’t want to get running?

No reason. I thought selling it as is would be easiest, but looks like I oughta get it running then advertise it for sale.

Hell you get it going nicely and after you drive it you may want to keep her.:steering:

I think she is a beauty!! If you do sell,, try selling it to someone here. You will have a much better chance of someone really loving the car and taking care of it.

To me, the reality is that any car sitting that long will have a tank of what smells like turpentine in it, period. Probably best to just get a new tank and be done with it. A sending unit and strap insulators, too, for good measure. Might hook up the sending unit and operate the float arm to see if the sender's resistance matches what the gauge needs.

Clean the tank/replace the tank, new fuel pump, and carb might be needed anyway. BUT to get things going, some spray carb cleaner to make sure the throttle shaft and such are free and working. Add some gas via the bowl vent to the float bowl to check the accel pump. Throw in some new spark plugs, too. Maybe some new oil in the crankcase, too.

IF having a running car is important, use an outboard motor gas tank and bulb . . . available at many sporting good stores for about $20.00

It's going to need a new rubber fuel line section at the tank anyway, so this is a good time to put new upgraded fuel line back there, ensuring the tank ground fuel line clamp (or similar) is used.

The car is beautiful and unique, but then I can be a sucker for brown/gold tone painted cars. The interior carpet and such look really nice. Underhood is similarly unmolested. All good!

An unusual and low-production option. Spring Special? As the later "Indian blanket" interior option packages?

Unfortunately, "rare" or "low production" don't always equate to more $$$ above the basic value of the car.

Also unfortunately, this generation of C-body might usually max out at $5K for a completely pristine and operational car. In that orientation, the one for $3600 seems reasonable, by comparison. If you still desire to sell "as is", deduct the price of needed repairs (putting the gas tank back in, replacing the fuel pump and spark plugs), but not doing the carb deal at this time. Get it running reliably first and you might determine the carb rebuild, in this case, is not needed. That's with the Holley 2210, other carbs would be different in that respect.

It's a great looking car and one that many would be proud to own. Proceed as you might desire.

Somebody in here want it? Make your offers NOW before "the world" finds out about this gem!

CBODY67

Also unfortunately, this generation of C-body might usually max out at $5K for a completely pristine and operational car. In that orientation, the one for $3600 seems reasonable, by comparison. If you still desire to sell "as is", deduct the price of needed repairs (putting the gas tank back in, replacing the fuel pump and spark plugs), but not doing the carb deal at this time. Get it running reliably first and you might determine the carb rebuild, in this case, is not needed. That's with the Holley 2210, other carbs would be different in that respect.

CBODY67

the one for 3600$ was for sale 4 years ago.

Fuselage C-bodys are not maxed out at 5k$ for a completely pristine and operational car.

Keep in mind that in some parts of the world Fuselage C-bodies are really loved and run around in bigger numbers, too.

To make it clear and transparent:
If the interior is nice, the seats not ripped/seams coming apart as well as the original v-roof in nice condition/not rusty underneath as well as not being rusty from the chassis (frame rails, trunk extensions): I gladly buy it for 5k$ when it is running on all 8 cylinders. And I need it like I hole in my head. I would just buy it to add it to my Fuselage collection for the obscurity.

No joke

Carsten

Just going by the ultimate value of my '70 Monaco Brougham "N" 383 DH43, which has been hovering around $5K (#1 condition) for many years now. Per "Old Cars Price Guide" and www.NADAGuides.com. The value of our '72 Newport Royal 4dr sedan is a little lower.

Ultimately, selling price is what somebody has cash money for and is willing to part with some or all of it. When possible, auction prices might be a better gauge, though, in general.

CBODY67

I suggest you stick around here for a week or more and let us talk up the car a bit.
The people who appreciate your car are right here or they troll through here.

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hcc/2010/04/1969-1970-Chrysler-Newport-and-Cordoba/3007051.html

178841-870-0.jpg

Ok guys......I'm a looking for info. I've decided to sell my 1970 Chrysler Newport Cordoba. I got it from an estate of my neighbor. It's 1 owner, 57,542 miles, all original, no rust. It's been garaged and parked since 1996. I got it with the intention of fixing it up and getting it running. I have a new gas tank, fuel pump, sending unit, water pump and other misc parts. I've decided to sell it. What I'm looking for is what's a fair price to ask for the car? I figure this forum would be best to ask. I appreciate any and all input.......thanks!!

View attachment 161295

View attachment 161296

View attachment 161297

View attachment 161298

View attachment 161299

View attachment 161300

View attachment 161301

View attachment 161302

View attachment 161303
Pm send

The car really looks to be in excellent condition from the pics that you are showing. I would think to get a better idea for value some pics of the trunk without the trunk mat and some chassis pics would be a must.

Is it original paint?

Its nice that you have some of the parts for the fuel system, on top of that at a minimum you have to figure on a complete tune up, change all fluids, pressure check the cooling system, rebuilt carb, check exhaust system, go through the whole braking system, new tires. Then you get to the electrical which is really tough because everything is covered up but I would spend some time cleaning connections before trying to add power to any system.

I'd be surprised if someone went over a couple of grand as it sits but as some others have mentioned Ebay is a good way to gauge the market on something like this.

The cars overall condition is what is going to sell it. I would be happy to have something in that type of condition to cruise around in. Very nice car with a pretty unique trim package. I wish either one of my C-bodies were in the same shape.

Dave

That's a good looking car. You can do the price experiment: put it on eBay with a 5 grand reserve and see what you get offered - as it is. If the reserve gets met, you're in good shape! If it doesn't, you've lost nothing but have learned what people would be willing to spend. It's a win-win!

That's a good looking car. You can do the price experiment: put it on eBay with a 5 grand reserve and see what you get offered - as it is. If the reserve gets met, you're in good shape! If it doesn't, you've lost nothing but have learned what people would be willing to spend. It's a win-win!

Well not exactly..
With listing fee for auto being rather high and value fees
can ring up a decent ebay bill...

Back