For Sale 1970 Chrysler NY 2dr - For Sale $ 10K or Trade - ONTARIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceebuddy

Reaction score
Contact seller
I don't know if we had this one already. If yes, please delete.

Too expensive in my mind, taking into account the roof sheetmetal and the interior flaws mentioned (but not depicted). But if you have a rotten Brand X on his list, why not trade and save this one?

Kijiji Ad

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

my 1970 Chrysler new Yorker is a turn key car, mechanically sound motor/transmission/body wise, get in and go drive across the country

original body, original paint, numbers matching 440/727

power windows, pop locks, am/fm, power bench seat
ring horn, telescope/tilt coloumn , air ,cruise
169,402 original miles, duel exhaust done by a shop
originaly rally rims, open diff rear end

the roof is rough, the vinyl roof was taken off years ago and has pin holes now

needs interior work, the car is next to passing a 2017 safety

ill trade my chrysler for a car that is on my list, I'm not too worried about the condition as I am looking for big money rare cars

...even if its next to rotten id still consider it...

83/84 hurst/olds
1972 ford gran torino/2dr/ranchero
71-73 Buick riviera boattail
1974 buick riviera
1974 dodge Monaco 4 door...(blues mobile)
1974 olds delta 88
1968/69/70 dodge charger
70-74 dodge challenger
70-74 Plymouth cuda
1970 Plymouth satilite
1975 gmc gentleman jim
1975 gmc beau james
Mercury cyclone
Mercury cougar

Chevelle, mustang, camaro, gto, firebird, trans am ect..

or if someone has a wing and or possibly front nose cone for a superbird/Daytona clone if you have a rotten satilite or charger to go with it

or if you have a big name project car let me know what you have

Date Listed 01-Feb-17
$10,000.00
Pembroke, ON K8A6W7
Kilometers 169,402

That's why" You should never drink the bong water"!:)

Expensive or not, I think every one of them should be saved.
The photo no 8 (of 10) shows it used to look awesome.

Let's save the rest of the photos, too. Just for the posterity:
$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

Ouch!
$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

(This is the shot I referred to...)
$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

This grille has always said "Poor Man's Cadillac" to me. LOL.

It's been for sale for quite a while. Definitely optimistic about trade values as well but I'd love to see him get dollar for dollar on a B/E body in same condition...not gonna happen but like that he's trying..

74 Olds Delta 88? WTF?

FWIW,
has anybody here actually done an actual entire roof transplant?
I would fill those pin holes with All Metal, install a new vinyl roof and call it a day. It probably has some water damage to the interior now, he should at least tape some plastic to the roof. Nice Yorker, green and all!

I would fill those pin holes with All Metal, install a new vinyl roof and call it a day. It probably has some water damage to the interior now, he should at least tape some plastic to the roof. Nice Yorker, green and all!
I could do that with a trunk floor. I just couldn't bring myself to bandaid a roof.

If there's that much pitting on the roof and it's a native Ontario car there's som big ole issues to be found in there.

Last edited:
FWIW,

Define entire roof... A friend of mine did a skin plate transplant, not the whole roof because it is not required unless it's all gone. In a -73 Monaco sedan there were 2 plates of sheet on the roof and just the outer lair was damaged.

Took the skin out of the donor car and some welding to the save-this-car and voil'a! (or whatever the French said): A new roof is born...

Actually, if you look at my avatar, there it is, my old car w/new old roof...

74 Olds Delta 88? WTF?

FWIW,

My body/paint guy does them all the time, mostly on B/E bodies. He drills out every spot weld on the donor car's roof (although lately repops are available I believe for B bodies at least) and then repeats the process with the car at issue, welding in the replacement panel just like the factory. When he is done, though, you can't tell that it has been done. But it isn't cheap to do and very time consuming to get it right. He has one to do for me on my 1969 Monaco, but he said I could drill out the spot welds - which I will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back