For Sale 1970 Dodge Polara convertible for sale (383-2 green parts car)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Have not seen this one before -- apologies if I should have:

Listing: Hotsheet Listings
Photo: http://www.mmpar.com/mmparimages/cd0/images11/mvc-172uv.jpg

Looks like FF4 green to me, and do I see road wheels? The VIN is DL27L0Dxxxxxx

mvc-172uv.jpg

Last edited:
AFAIK, the link I provided is of their current inventory. MMPar is in Georgia, I believe: Contact Page

@polara71 should be alerted if this one is unknown.

That's exactly why I posted here. Ran into the picture while looking for sthg else.

My money is on that he knows about it.

Mine was as well.

That's in Frank Mitchell's yard. Well, his old yard.

And we were right. Dave:

-> is that the same car that you first heard about from Frank back in 2006?
-> have you seen the car in person? Last 6 digits would be nice, posting the tag would be even nicer if you have it.

The same photo of the green car in question was posted here on FCBO back in 2013. Found it this AM while looking form sthg else. Thought I'd link to it.

Convertible,s are scary.It,s the top and it,s fragility.Or paranoid that some jag off on his cellphone will broadside me and flip me on my bald head.Heh.B.B

All of our old cars, not just ragtops, are significantly less safe than modern cars. The difference starts with the handling, i.e., the ability to avoid crashes in the first place. It continues with what happens in case of an accident. In the case of older cars, I don't believe that a hardtop would make much of a difference in terms of how the occupants would fare -- cue the following IIHS video of an unfortunate collision between a 1959 Chevy Bel Air 4-door sedan (not even a hardtop) vs. a 2009 Malibu:

What would make more of a difference re: survival, are things like headrests, seatbelts, and especially the collapsible steering wheel. These are three of the reasons why I bought a '70, even though I find the '65 slab-sides beautiful too. YMMV.

All of our old cars, not just ragtops, are significantly less safe than modern cars. The difference starts with the handling, i.e., the ability to avoid crashes in the first place. It continues with what happens in case of an accident. In the case of older cars, I don't believe that a hardtop would make much of a difference in terms of how the occupants would fare -- cue the following IIHS video of an unfortunate collision between a 1959 Chevy Bel Air 4-door sedan (not even a hardtop) vs. a 2009 Malibu:

What would make more of a difference re: survival, are things like headrests, seatbelts, and especially the collapsible steering wheel. These are three of the reasons why I bought a '70, even though I find the '65 slab-sides beautiful too. YMMV.

Oh, Im so TIRED of seeing this example .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back