1970 Fury Convertible Jack & Spare Tire Mount Diagram?

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I need a diagram for mounting the jack in my Fury convertible. Tire mount on side so it doesn't obstruct convertible top.
My Fury trunk floor after rust neutralizer and paint and before trunk mat.
PXL_20201110_212109673.jpg

Does not have the usual bracket for mounting the jack and prybar. Back wall of trunk is flat.
Picture from 70 Fury Hard Top
Jack 1.JPG

Thanks, Ben

Convertible jacks mount to the right rear inside fender.
Sorry I don’t have a diagram for 70. If you google 70 Fury jack decal you might be able to make it out as the decals list convertible, hardtop and sometimes wagon.

This is my 69, a little different.
img_2463_2-jpg.jpg

My interpretation...
img_2460_2-jpg.jpg

The key takeaway is the three points of contact for the tire so it doesn't wobble.
The newer tires are a little wide so I flipped the wheel, it should be outside up.
img_2462_2-jpg.jpg

I didn't like the placement of the jack handle (in the diagram) and put it in the mast.
img_2461_2-jpg.jpg

On your 66 it does look like the mast goes left/right (toward the front of the car of the hook)
It looks like the moved it to an angle in the 69 to tuck it in more.

Like I said, the takeaway was the three points of contact using the mast and the hook, further the mast from the hook the better.

Alan

This is my 69, a little different.
View attachment 415288

My interpretation...
View attachment 415289

The key takeaway is the three points of contact for the tire so it doesn't wobble.
The newer tires are a little wide so I flipped the wheel, it should be outside up.
View attachment 415290

I didn't like the placement of the jack handle (in the diagram) and put it in the mast.
View attachment 415291

On your 66 it does look like the mast goes left/right (toward the front of the car of the hook)
It looks like the moved it to an angle in the 69 to tuck it in more.

Like I said, the takeaway was the three points of contact using the mast and the hook, further the mast from the hook the better.

Alan
Many Thanks, Alan! That helps a lot!

Back