1970 Fury III parts car

Chrome58

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have the opportunity to buy a solid 1970 Fury III 4 door hardtop (formal roof) sold as a parts car here in Europe. What parts would I be able to use for my still-to-come 1970 Sport Fury 2 door hardtop (normal roof) resto project ?

I'm thinking : bumpers, dashboard (and the speedo is a km one), windshield, wiring harness ... What else ? Would it be an interesting thing to do ?

Thanks.

What condemns it to parts-car fate? Structural rust could be the only reason I could see. Just curious. Old embassy car?

If I ever had to lamb it to a foreign nation, I know a Mopar would be what brings Interpol to my door. I'd be the one guy in some quaint tourist town driving a patched-together ol' Newport just because it reminded me of home.

Heater core , heater fan motor, rear end , interior lights , windshield wiper motor and washer tank, any electric motor or switch from the car. Anything you can unbolt and remove you can sell to someone that needs it . Windows and window regulators , door locks , grill and rad .

I do also wonder: Why part it out?
A fate C-bodys usually never have overhere nowadays unless it was in a bad accident ie.

Carsten

Why part it out ?
Well first of all, I'm not the one stating it's a parts car, it's the seller. The car has no title (though that can be fixed), and is partially disassembled because the firewall had a crack that needed to be welded back.

I'm going to see the car in a few days, I'll keep you posted.

please take pics.
Sounds like a car that shouldn't die

Carsten

Fury III should have the valuable tail light lenses and front turn signal lenses

20180905_212001.jpg

This is the "Formal" roof line. Concave rear glass. I've got her on jack stands putting in a new gas tank.

Well, I have not seen her yet, but I have received information and over 70 pictures of the car.
Funny thing is the car is less than 10 miles from my house !

She's very (and I mean very) rusted in the usual places.
The firewall has nasty corrosion on which an ugly and rough weld repair has been applied.
And she has no title, with little hope of resolving that issue.

BUT

She has some desirable options, which are quite unusual for a Fury III :
- Woodgrain steering wheel
- Power windows
- Front disk brakes

Those alone might be enough to make me buy it ;)
I'm going to see the car this weekend.

Last edited:
Back