WANTED 1970 Fury Tachometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeMopuar

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a 1970 Fury Tachometer in any condition - but all the parts need to be there so it can be restored if not NOS. PM me here on FCBO. Thanks, Mark

Almost as rare as Hen's teeth.....I met a guy many moons ago (15-20 years ago now?) who had 3 of them, 2 NOS and one still in the fury parked in his yard! At that time I never even knew they were an option, was there for a 1/4 glass for my 70 Sport fury after it shattered just sitting in the driveway.

Good luck hope you find one.

Ok, I'm very confused now. My intention for this reply was to ask which tach(s) you would consider? I don't have one for sale and was just asking for clarification for the post but I thought there were three possible choices for 70. Accessory Hood Mount, Accessory Console/Steering Column Mount, and Dash Mount. While looking, I checked the Dealer Data Book, Salesman's Pocket Guide, Ordering Information and Accessories Guide from Hamtramck-Historical and the 70 Parts Catalog and didn't find any reference to the In-Dash, factory installed tach. Is it possible that the in-dash, factory installed was not available for 70?

upload_2019-2-11_5-13-59.png

upload_2019-2-11_4-48-50.png

upload_2019-2-11_4-49-33.png

:thankyou: that's all I'm asking.

I've seen several in the 35 years i knew they existed. Each time one was available the cost was too much . Very much like the washer bottle, nice to have but not needed.

The oil pressure gauge was available through 1973. Some police departments ordered them on their cars. For those not familiar with either the in dash tachometer or the oil pressure gauge, they were installed in place of the clock or where the clock would go.

I have an NOS oil pressure gauge that I would be willing to sell for $200 if anyone is interested and I am not the person with who has multiple oil pressure gauges and tachometers.

There is a make-it-yourself thread on here. Someone is 3D printing them.

I spoke with the owner of a custom gauge manufacturer in the U.S.A., regarding the 69 Fury tachometer.

They can and will make an exact, I mean exact reproduction of the original tachometer, which would work with all engine, power, wiring, voltage applications, and it would be "tuneable" to the cars ignition system. It would work on 4,6,8,12 cylinder engines. The body would not be cast "pot metal", but other than that it would be visually EXACTLY like the original.

The cost would be approximately $300-350 each, depending on quantity ordered. Made in the U.S.A. No they won't make just one, or two,..minimum order of 10. I personally don't think there is enough demand to justify the investment in manufacturing these.

Would you guys be willing to spend $300-350 on a reproduction tachometer for your Fury?

I don't think there is much demand at that cost, and it's a significant start up investment to make a very small return, of a very small run of inventory, but it is possible to do.

If the issue is mostly about cost, and not having the tach, then I suggest making your own cheaply, or finding an original gauge.

I personally would want to have only an original gauge, but I understand they are expensive and hard to find.

Thoughts???

I'LL take two. They fit the 71 Polara/ Monaco also.

They are nifty but I'd need the additional super ultra rare pyro, boost, and fuel psi gauges to complete the factory look :lol:

I spoke with the owner of a custom gauge manufacturer in the U.S.A., regarding the 69 Fury tachometer.

They can and will make an exact, I mean exact reproduction of the original tachometer, which would work with all engine, power, wiring, voltage applications, and it would be "tuneable" to the cars ignition system. It would work on 4,6,8,12 cylinder engines. The body would not be cast "pot metal", but other than that it would be visually EXACTLY like the original.

The cost would be approximately $300-350 each, depending on quantity ordered. Made in the U.S.A. No they won't make just one, or two,..minimum order of 10. I personally don't think there is enough demand to justify the investment in manufacturing these.

Would you guys be willing to spend $300-350 on a reproduction tachometer for your Fury?

I don't think there is much demand at that cost, and it's a significant start up investment to make a very small return, of a very small run of inventory, but it is possible to do.

If the issue is mostly about cost, and not having the tach, then I suggest making your own cheaply, or finding an original gauge.

I personally would want to have only an original gauge, but I understand they are expensive and hard to find.

Thoughts???

I think you would need to have a higher volume made to get the price down to at least $250 before there would be sufficient demand for them IMHO. As neat as they are, as you said, only factory installed in the 69 Furys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back