For Sale 1970 Imperial 4 door,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT my car.. this one is from Feebay - Pls don't kill me, if it's been up here B4

LINK TO AUCTION

Pic's in a sec.. (many)

Feebay text:

No Reserve Auction

One Owner 1971 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron Four door Hard Top

I will do my best to describe this car in detail good and "bad" so please read!

Overall this is a very good looking and running car.

Documentation:

This car came out of a one owner estate in Salisbury NC. Included as documentation are a copy of the January 1973 Title in the owners name, Various Tax and Registration records in the owners name back to 1977, 36 misc service receipts in the owners name dating back to 1975. The car was last tagged, titled and registered two years ago and was in use prior to the original owners death.

21 of these service receipts from 1975 to 1991 are from the same Chrysler mechanic!

I have a current clean and clear NC title in my name

Mechanical:

The car runs and drives great. I personally drove this car from Salisbury NC to Charlotte NC (65 miles). Car starts right up and runs strong and shifts smooth.

The brakes operate as they should, although it sounds like there is an air leak from a hose near the pedal in the cabin. When you depress the pedal it goes away.

There is a new battery and a fresh (less than 10 miles ago) oil change.

The car was leaking a little coolant when running and I had the system pressure tested during the oil change. There is a leak in the radiator that needs repair or replaced. I have not driven the car more than a few miles at a time since this diagnosis as I don't want it to run hot. As such, you will not want to fly in and drive this car across the country unless you get that patched. Note, it doesn't leak in a dormant state, only when running for a period of time.

Electrical:

The headlights function as intended, open and close with ease, illuminate, etc..

The air blows very weak, almost not noticeable. It blows a little stronger on the defrost setting but still weak.

All four windows work, the driver rear is off the track but the motor works. Vent windows work, window lock works

Electric seat function work

Radio works

Fuel gauge works, speedometer works intermittently

Check gauges light is on

Interior:

Overall, great shape for a car of this age and of regular use.

Seats are in great shape, no notable staining, rips, or tears. Really nice

The headrests have some sun burn

The carpet is in overall great condition, no rips, minimal soiling for the most part, some staining in rear passenger side as seen in pictures. With a shampoo job should be great

Dash and door panels are also overall very good with no cracks or tears, slight ware from sun

Under dash, near the steering column the plastic is cracked near the "vent" switch, you can see this in the video

Headliner is good looking and not sagging. One small tear in the very rear.

Exterior:

The car was garage or carport kept it's whole life from my understanding and it shows. Found a repaint receipt from 02 in the documents. No dents or dings.

The paint is in overall good (better than good) condition. Shines nice, zero rust, flaking, bubbles etc...Some slight crazing, on spot of the hood and some slight clear coat discoloration on a small spot of hood. So faint I couldn't get either to pick up on camera. Maybe a small rock chip here or there but nothing more than you'd find many 2016 models. Would detail out nicely.

Chrome bumpers shine nice and don't have rust but have slight pitting if you are on top of them. Surely could polish out fine for an improved look if you wished.

Vinyl top is great, one small (less than a centimeter tear in one side) not very noticeable at all and easily repairable with a do it yourself vinyl kit

Hubcaps present well, no notable issues

Nice Whitewall Tires have more than 75% tread and are in good repair

Underside shows surface "rust" or discoloration you'd expect with age and use. Again, no rust thru. The muffler is rusty.

Original tow hitch is un-mounted and in the trunk

There is a rock chip in the windshield that is pictured

Video is available on youtube for additional details.

Overall this is a really nice example of a well kept, well loved, and well appreciated one owner classic.

If you have any questions please let me know. $200 deposit due within 48 hours of auction close, balance due in cash or certified funds within 10 days of auction close. Happy to be flexible with your pick up needs, just reach out.

s-l1600 (2.jpg
s-l1600 (3.jpg
s-l1600 (4.jpg
s-l1600 (5.jpg
s-l1600 (6.jpg
s-l1600 (7.jpg
s-l1600 (8.jpg
s-l1600 (9.jpg
s-l1600 (10.jpg
s-l1600 (11.jpg

Looks nice from 20 feet away, reckon this flipper wants too much considering all the faults with it.

It's missing the front fender lebaron scripts, along with the one on the trunk. Something is going on with that top on the passenger side. Video kinda flew right by it. The bones are there being rust free but your in for quite of bit of work yet. That's if you can get past that honey yellow. The interior still needs quite a bit. Looks like it already has a bid so someone loves it.

That's correct.:thumbsup:

Thnx.. and that should have been "definition".. :-D

Just finished my tax-report, which is my absolute "kryptonite".. and everybody went on holiday.. so now, I can finally take some time of, and start on getting the Imperial ready for safety inspection, to get it registered here, and of course, in the process... more tax..! Will post pic's of progress..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back